View Poll Results: Which BCG would you pick?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Umbrella Corporation Bolt Carrier Group Gen2

11 23.40%
  • Sharps Relia-Bolt & Carrier

5 10.64%
  • BCM

31 65.96%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which BCG would you pick?

So I'm getting close to finishing my new personal build and I'm having a hard time deciding on which Bolt & Carrier to chose. This will be a hard use training rifle and is made up of mostly BCM products.

Of these three which would you pick and why?

First: Umbrella Corporation Bolt Carrier Gen2
    Second: The new Sharps Relia-Bolt & Carrier
    Third: Old faithful, The BCM

Or if you have any other suggestions please suggest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would pick the Umbrella BCG mainly cause it's the cheapest, but I have always had good luck with BCM.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    BCM here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NOTA. If I did another DI build it would be LWRC's one piece BC, hands down. My last build I went with the WMD. http://www.f3tac.com/lwrci-di-bolt-carrier-group-assy/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of those three, BCM without a doubt. You call it ol' faithful.... there's a reason for that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Downloads
    Uploads
    BCM FAis my usual. Also trust Colt FA. And the LMT Enhanced carrier (not bolt) which is supposed to help an overgassed barrel though I have not had that problem yet. I have one Fail Zero for a fun gun which seems great, but has not a long enough track record to bet my life on. All these new and improved BCGs out there may be fine, but I'll let others cycle X million rounds through to prove it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if this is really a brand x is better than brand z. There are a lot of BCG's out there with proven track records. Personally, I'd run the BCM or the UCWRG because I've run both before (No experience with the Sharps) and not over think it. What it boils down for most of us is price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Sharps really has my interest, but for the price point i'll stick with BCM.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for voting
    Last edited by DutyUse; 12 September 2014 at 22:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I don't know if this is really a brand x is better than brand z. There are a lot of BCG's out there with proven track records. Personally, I'd run the BCM or the UCWRG because I've run both before (No experience with the Sharps) and not over think it. What it boils down for most of us is price.
    I agree there is little difference once you get to the top echelon of manufacturers. For a fighting rifle I chose a BCM complete and it's served me well, but for a training rifle to beat up on it's interesting to try out different variations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tuff call... I'll go w the BCM just based off of my experience owning one. Not one prob ever!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Thanks for voting
    Just get all 3 and call it a day... you know eventually they'll go on a new rifle or current project. At least that's the way I look at it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Just get all 3 and call it a day... you know eventually they'll go on a new rifle or current project. At least that's the way I look at it.
    Ha good point, I'm up to 2 of the 3 since ordering the umbrella last night, surprisingly tactical link still had a few gen 2s in stock.

We both must suffer from the same disease ... the wife wants to build a "pistol" AR soon which will give me a good excuse to order the whole sharps unit then lol. I'm intrigued by the lug redesign more then anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BCM out of those three.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a bcm bolt for a spare, thinking real hard about getting the sharps carrier though to go with my relia-bolt.

Really though, of those three any are fine. When in doubt though, I defer to my universal decision making device (Most other people call it a quarter).
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler