Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AK-47

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thing looks beautiful!!! also good job on the rivets!!

Most people who build their own either does a great job on the rivets or mess up REAL bad~!! Just like century arms eons ago, where their rivets warped the receiver (from numerous readings - not first hand account)
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    did someone say wood? here is a romy g kit I built with a little help from my friend.

the hand guards didn't come with that kit. I must have mixed and stained that wood 10 times before I could get a close match of the stock.
    That's how I like them.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats a damn fine looking rifle Elddog.

My brother in law has built a few AKs and they turn out really nice for a good price. Though my buddies Arsenal is just hands down the best AK Ive ever handled. Pretty damn accurate too.
    Charlie Company
    1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF1 and III

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisauss View Post
    Most wasr and imported ak's utilized chrome lined barrels. If you want a u.s. built ak47, centurion arms c39 is all u.s. manufactured and at a $600 price tag for CHF bbl, solid steel bar cnc receiver, you can't go wrong.

Even the century arms are worthy of it's price as it too also has chrome lined bbl and unused surplus kits. Plus, their quality are greatly improved in the past few years!! Win-win

It's cheaper to buy then build. I'll be adding one when.black friday rolls around!
    This.
    Century's have been improved. For the price they're a pretty good rifle.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean talk of AKs isn't heresy on this forum here? Heh.

I love my Arsenal... bought it before the pre-panic days and it's been a champ. I also have a Polytech (original Chinese wood!) that's beautiful and a Zastava m92 AK pistol (great project gun). I definitely would like to build my own AK some day, but since I lack the tools, I'll have to wait. There's plenty of companies selling AKs; I would check out reviews and visit some local shops in person to check fit/finish for what you want.

A channel I like on YouTube...

Century Arms C39 review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHdC...st=UUvtuPgvFmA

Arsenal SLR104 FR review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM4m...st=UUvtuPgvFmA

Zastava M92
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8H4EDeK0zw

If you're looking to install an AR-style stock, I know that VLTOR makes a tube adapter and Rifle Dynamics (American AK company) also does a good one too.

Downloads
    Uploads

AK-47

C39 coming out with a more options. Very happy with mine. CAA has a good stock adaptor for milled receivers, however you will need to remove the lower tang to install it.
    Correction...you can leave the lower tang on, but it will stick out below the adjustable tube, limiting the amount you can close the stock. I took mine off (yeah, yeah I ruined it...blah,blah,blah) and it is perfect.
    Last edited by Sewill27; 29 October 2014 at 15:24.