So, i have a stripped upper and decided I'm going to go ahead and build this into a 7.62x39 mainly because I have some 7.62x39 ammo and nothing to shoot it with since I traded my SKS for my 1911 .45

Got to thinking also. Don't really want it with a 16" barrel. So, been figuring I'll build it into a pistol build.

Finding barrels isn't so easy, but i have found a number of them at decent prices. Originally I was thinking go with short - 8" or so. Not too many 8" barrels out there, but plenty of 7.5's. Doing some additional searching I did find a 10.5" barrel.

Now, my concern with this is that even with using an adjustable gas block I have a distinct feeling that a 7.62x39 with a 7.5 or 8" barrel is going to be more of a darn flame thrower. There won't be a flash hider on the planet that will kill off the flash I'm thinking. A 10.5" barrel should be better for less flash I'm thinking yet still be manageable as a pistol build. I had wanted to keep it under 24" overall in length so it would fit in a backpack or one of my saddle bags. I'm thinking that I'd be better off with 2½ inches more of barrel for that caliber though.

Ideas and thoughts anyone?