Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My SBR build

Downloads
    Uploads

My SBR build

Howdy, figured I would post my inaugural post to this forum with a lil custom build. I am just about finished with school, and landed a job in the petrochemical industry in Houston about 4 months ago. Finally making some real money, and am able to start playing a little more.

Lower- Noveske/SWR special edition
    Trigger- Geissele SSA-E
    LPK- spike's minus fcg. (This is my favorite lpk I have used in a build to date.)
    Mag release- Odinworks XMR. Looks cool as hell, still not so sure on functionality.
    Vltor milspec 5 position receiver extension
    Magpul ASAP QD
    Vltor stock
    Tango Down Large grip
    Noveske take down pins
    H2 or H3 buffer

Future plans include BADASS safety lever, and KNS take down pins.

Upper-
    Factory stripped Noveske upper.
    Planning for- BCM KMR, 10", or 11" Noveske NSR, with troy M4 sights, Young MFG bcg, and an 11.5" BCM barrel, wearing an Syrac gas block, and an AAC brake.

My goal is to build as close to a factory Noveske rifle as possible. I am expecting the tax stamp back any day now, efiled form 1. Shitty cellphone pics to follow, for now.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Picture please so I can be jealous? :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm, its not letting me post pictures from tapatalk right now.. let me see what I can do.

Downloads
    Uploads

My SBR build

You have to host them somewhere and then link to them using img tags. WEVO won't host images like some other forums on tapatalk will

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put a picture in photobucket. Click on the picture and highlight the link at the top in the web browser. Right click your mouse with the link highlighted and select "Copy". Then come back here to the forum, write a simple reply "here's the pic so you guys can be jealous", click the little square box above where you type, now a little window will open. It will have "http://" in it. Just click in that little box and press your backspace button to delete that. Right click your mouse and select "Paste". Bingo, the link to the photobucket picture will be there. Then say OK and the picture will be here too :)

You can put that picture ANYWHERE on the internet, open it to view it - copy the link and it should show up here too.

If you need help to get it done, send me a personal message here in the forum. I'll send you my e-mail address, you simply e-mail me the picture and I'll set it up for you and send you the link back you post that you can simply cut and paste into a message :)

-Will-
    Last edited by WHSmithIV; 15 September 2014 at 18:29.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm photobucket and flickr savvy, but if I have to go through all that trouble, then I'm going to break out the dslr lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Jared View Post
    I'm photobucket and flickr savvy, but if I have to go through all that trouble, then I'm going to break out the dslr lol
    That's the spirit! Can't wait to see the pics

Downloads
    Uploads

My SBR build

If you don't wanna mess with the dslr photobucket mobile app is quick. And you can copy the links from the app. Flickr app won't allow you to get the links in the app.

That said, I really needa start using my SLR for photos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here, as well. Between 70hr work weeks and with school 3 nights a week, when I get home, I really don't feel like doing sh*t.

Downloads
    Uploads
    An update- Still no pictures, BUT, ordered the following-
    BCM KMR 10" rail
    BCM 11.5" barrel
    BCM set screw gas block
    Young MFG chrome bolt
    BCM H3 buffer

Still need-
    Troy M4 backup sights
    AAC brake
    Optic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cant wait to see pics of this build.

Also what part of Houston are you? I am in Southern area of town.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You do know that to build a SBR you need to get an ATF tax stamp for it don't you? Otherwise, build it as a pistol and don't put a stock or vertical foregrip on it is all. You can put a SIG Sauer pistol brace on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    You do know that to build a SBR you need to get an ATF tax stamp for it don't you? Otherwise, build it as a pistol and don't put a stock or vertical foregrip on it is all. You can put a SIG Sauer pistol brace on it.
    I am expecting the tax stamp back any day now, efiled form 1. Shitty cellphone pics to follow, for now.

As the saying seems to be nowadays: "I'm just gonna leave this right here..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just don't build it before that tax stamp comes in is all. I'd hate to see a decent gun owner get screwed by the system. You probably should store the barrel somewhere else than at your home until that tax stamp arrives. ATF has been known to raid folks homes and nail them just for having parts to make a SBR with no tax stamp for it. Ideally, you don't buy the parts to make one until you have the tax stamp for it.

Personally, I'd leave the stripped lower receiver on my shelf except for buying the parts that could be used for any build - pistol or rifle. Then, I'd wait for the tax stamp before ordering and having the barrel and stock delivered.
    Last edited by WHSmithIV; 24 September 2014 at 18:12.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lower was assembled and tested on standard 16" uppers, while waiting for approval. Barrel is still in mail.