Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, I figured I would hop on here and give everyone a few updates.

1. The BCGs should be back from coating this week. I plan on inspecting them, lasering them, then final inspection and shipping. So, plan on another week or two. Sorry for the delay. Coating was backed up due to the massive amount of other items needing coating due to SHOT Show traffic (Still) Due to this delay, I will be putting a ton of swag in each box.

2. The Fathom Barrels. Since I posted up that we will be offering barrels, I have had a ton of requests for more information. Thank you all! I am grateful that you all like our products and appreciate the time and effort we spend making sure the end user (you guys) get the best product possible. Photo below (No airbrushing applied to either photo)

Barrel Specs:

5.56/.223
    4150V (Stress Relieved) IAW Mil-B-11595
    16"
    1/7 or 1/8 twist (1/8 will most likely be done in small batches due to demand on 1/7)
    Button Rifled
    Mid-Length Gas System
    Nitride Coated
    1/2" 28" TPI

Price: $149.95 (Email to purchase, will be up on the site shortly)

3. Fathom Nitride Gas Blocks.

Nitride Coated
    For .750 Barrels
    Honed
    Two Set Screws

Price: $34.95

Sorry if this is abrupt. Bad weather down here.
    Last edited by Fathom_Arms; 7 March 2016 at 17:11.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have any plans to offer any other barrel lengths?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ordered the 1/8

Fathom is working on a nice GB price for you guys after the Carriers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    abso-frigging-lutely

.300BLK as well!
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    Alright, I figured I would hop on here and give everyone a few updates.

1. The BCGs should be back from coating this week. I plan on inspecting them, lasering them, then final inspection and shipping. So, plan on another week or two. Sorry for the delay. Coating was backed up due to the massive amount of other items needing coating due to SHOT Show traffic (Still) Due to this delay, I will be putting a ton of swag in each box.

2. The Fathom Barrels. Since I posted up that we will be offering barrels, I have had a ton of requests for more information. Thank you all! I am grateful that you all like our products and appreciate the time and effort we spend making sure the end user (you guys) get the best product possible. Photo below (No airbrushing applied to either photo)
    No problemo at all Guy. No need to apologize! I'm just happy you were willing to do another run of the Spade logos for us

Any plans in the future on different barrel contours?
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need a 10.5" 5.56 and like an 8 or 8.5" 300 BLK in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm all about a barrel with 1:8 twist and a pinned gas block. If there's a group buy I'm in. Well either way but I am interested especially if there's a group buy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    I'm all about a barrel with 1:8 twist and a pinned gas block. If there's a group buy I'm in. Well either way but I am interested especially if there's a group buy
    Guy will chime in later about the Group Buy. I think he wants to put the BCG one to bed first.

I bought the 1:8. Surprised more people don't go with 1:8

Downloads
    Uploads
    abso-frigging-lutely

.300BLK as well!
    Any ideas about what lengths?

If I could make a small suggestion...something that has been a royal PITA for me and others...

Whatever barrels you end up making either cut them a little longer or shorter by 1/4 of an inch or whatever so that we can get good hand guard/suppressor combo fits. There is only one place that I know of that has done that.

I think if you do that, more or less cut 'unique' lengths to accomodate suppressors and rail combos you would open up a larger market for yourself.

It sucks trying to find those fits and/or having to settle for something less than what the end user wants.

Do like a 12.7" barrel to accomodate 11" handguards...you get the idea...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I bought the 1:8. Surprised more people don't go with 1:8
    I have one barrel that is 1:7 and one that is 1:8. My 1:8 loves 69gr bullets... I haven't figured out what the 1:7 loves yet.

I guess 1:7 is more popular merely because of the 'more is better' mentality... Not sure... any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one barrel that is 1:7 and one that is 1:8. My 1:8 loves 69gr bullets... I haven't figured out what they 1:7 loves yet.

I guess 1:7 is more popular merely because of the 'more is better' mentality... Not sure... any ideas?
    1:7 is more popular because it's milspec, and people have been getting pounded into their heads that 1:9 is bad, even though most of us are shooting 55gr plinking ammo, which 1:9 does just fine with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    1:7 is more popular because it's milspec, and people have been getting pounded into their heads that 1:9 is bad, even though most of us are shooting 55gr plinking ammo, which 1:9 does just fine with.
    I personally have had a lot better end results with a 1:8 but that is just me. It's not like I have tried that many barrels. I do have to admit it's nice to have the option to run heavy bullets...

I really wonder how many people actually go out and shoot heavier bullets on a regular basis or try to shoot out past 3 or 400 yards...

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. The BCGs should be back from coating this week.
    I missed out on the group buy mainly (well only) because I have other much bigger and pressing commitments. That said I really wanted a spade BCG!

I wish you would bring those back full time or at least do a run once or twice a year on them. Maybe do a spade run just in time for Christmas or something every year.

The spade is the bomb. I really like it, I just wasn't able to buy this time so I am S.O.L.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I missed out on the group buy mainly (well only) because I have other much bigger and pressing commitments. That said I really wanted a spade BCG!

I wish you would bring those back full time or at least do a run once or twice a year on them. Maybe do a spade run just in time for Christmas or something every year.

The spade is the bomb. I really like it, I just wasn't able to buy this time so I am S.O.L.
    x2 for this dude. I bitched and whined and when they do come out, it couldn't be a worse time. Would ya take a Vortex Red Dot/Magnifier combo on trade? :)
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to the new barrel length offerings. The trend toward lightweight 300blk barrels needs to start. :)

Whatever barrels you end up making either cut them a little longer or shorter by 1/4 of an inch or whatever so that we can get good hand guard/suppressor combo fits. There is only one place that I know of that has done that.
    I've not found the solution to be manipulating barrel lengths but that rails have no standard. A 9" rail for example can be between 9-9.5" depending on manufacturer. SLR has been one of the few companies actually taking these things into account. Their new rail line is .7" added to the length to account what you're looking for. .75 off a barrel length makes a handguard 1/16" behind the shoulder of a properly made barrel. Like a 10.75" handguard over an 11.5" barrel is the sweet spot.

That's been my experience anyway. If you have a suppressor that doesn't lock down all the way over the muzzle device, you can even get away with an 11" rail over 11.5" handguard.