Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    Thanks for the info I will keep you guys in mind for the next build I get going. Have a spare PSA lower laying around that needs some 300BLK goodness.
    Anytime! What length barrel are you gonna run on that .300blk?
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard fellas. Always nice to find another source.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    Anytime! What length barrel are you gonna run on that .300blk?
    Thinking 11.5" or 8" but I guess that is everyone's dilemma now a days. I handload so shooting the 8" unsupressed wouldn't be an issue as I could play with loads to get it cycling correctly. At the same time 300BLK seems like its becoming more mainstream so factory ammo is more of an option than it has been in the past so the 11.5" may be the way to go if I just want to be lazy and purchase factory.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    Thinking 11.5" or 8" but I guess that is everyone's dilemma now a days. I handload so shooting the 8" unsupressed wouldn't be an issue as I could play with loads to get it cycling correctly. At the same time 300BLK seems like its becoming more mainstream so factory ammo is more of an option than it has been in the past so the 11.5" may be the way to go if I just want to be lazy and purchase factory.
    Yep. I've built a few 8" and a few 10" 300blks. The 8" cycled great suppressed and unsupressed with factory loads. You shouldn't have an issue going 8" besides how loud it is unsupressed. Felt like I was flash banging myself!
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I have shot both 8" and 11.5" versions. They both had Ferfrans brakes with the shroud on them so the blast wasn't bad on the ones I shot. I am a bigger guy and with my grip the 8" just might be too small for me, it was more maneuverable, but the 11.5 was defiantly a better fit for my size. Luckily my wallet isnt allowing for purchase of a barrel quite yet so I still have time to decide. Just dumped about 600 into my long range rifle so my wallet needs time to recover.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    As of now, no. The reason being is because I am a huge fan of Nitride. Since it actually changes the metals surface and doesn't coat the surface, no tolerances need to be changed or adjusted. It is an extremely robust finish and it still holds oil and grease well. But, you never know... we may!
    I really hope Azimuth got these "right". Rubber City Armory had a helluva product with this, if their CS and QA/QC and material suppliers had been worth a darn. I have been looking for a quality QPQ BCG for some time sense then.

Do you know if Azimuth cuts chips and dips, or do they just cut chips and then farm the parts out to be dipped by someone else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Our Newest Site Sponsor: Fathom Arms

Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I really hope Azimuth got these "right". Rubber City Armory had a helluva product with this, if their CS and QA/QC and material suppliers had been worth a darn. I have been looking for a quality QPQ BCG for some time sense then.

Do you know if Azimuth cuts chips and dips, or do they just cut chips and then farm the parts out to be dipped by someone else?
    Azimuth has been a very reputable company and have not proven otherwise. I have full faith in them and we will be working together for many years to come. On this BCG and future products.

Nitride is done in house, I believe.

Pick up our BCG and try it out! :)
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! Welcome!
    I'll be hitting your site shortly.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Azimuth has been a very reputable company and have not proven otherwise. I have full faith in them and we will be working together for many years to come. On this BCG and future products.

Nitride is done in house, I believe.

Pick up our BCG and try it out! :)
    Nitride/QPQ has been used and proven in the handgun world forever, and I truly believe this technology is the future for rifle components. Do some research and you will soon be as impressed as I am. I think if Fathom Arms keeps up their current QC they could be one of the leaders of this emerging new industry and I wish them nothing but success in the future. Their products are impressive and I hope to purchase some soon :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Nitride/QPQ has been used and proven in the handgun world forever, and I truly believe this technology is the future for rifle components. Do some research and you will soon be as impressed as I am. I think if Fathom Arms keeps up their current QC they could be one of the leaders of this emerging new industry and I wish them nothing but success in the future. Their products are impressive and I hope to purchase some soon :D
    Yes, it has, on Glock barrels, most notably...but then I had a SIG barrel QPQ'ed, and the barrel-hood chips ever so slightly on the locking surface. So you really REALLY need to match application and process to each other. QPQ is EXTREMELY complicated for such a simple process, and you need to refine the concentrations, temperatures, and times, of the bath to match the part being treated, and it's intended use/environment. Remember S&W's rusty slides? I have a peened RCA bolt that only saw around 500 rounds or so, myself, as well as that P226 barrel, which went the other way (brittle).

I am not AT ALL trying to say that Azimuth is not putting out a solid product that is done RIGHT. I know some of the people using their BCG's, and they are more OCD than me, and with more experience to back up their professional choices than I will ever have (they are manufacturers as well as former end-users, who cater to current end-users non-civ, mostly by sales bulk.)

Yes, Fathom Arms, I may very well buy a BCG from you to try out. I have an RCA bcg sitting around somewhere that I kept simply because it is QPQ and I like to have random novel parts around for T&E. I will probably verify headspace of the bolt in my Daniel Defense, and then sell it. If it spaces correctly in my DDM4, then I know it's likely not a "problem child" and can feel good about moving it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our enhanced BCGs will now have rounded gas keys. It gets rid of the sharp corners that can cause gouging or uneven wear inside the upper receiver. Plus it is pleasing to the eye!

www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our enhanced BCGs will now have rounded gas keys. It gets rid of the sharp corners that can cause gouging or uneven wear inside the upper receiver.
    Awesomeness right there.

I've seen some awesome reviews thus far on your BCG, and since it's pictured, an awesome one from Chris Tran.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Awesomeness right there.

I've seen some awesome reviews thus far on your BCG, and since it's pictured, an awesome one from Chris Tran.
    Yeah the fathom has made the short list. Looking forward to the review from Chris on this one as well.
    Just a regular guy.