Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    Thats our barrel. 5.56, 4150V, chrome lined middy w/ 1/8 twist.
    Good choice on 1 in 8. I think for a gun that's going to see a lot of 55 & 62gr ammo that twist makes a lot of sense.

Also I'm excited to read the review Modern Arms is going to do on yalls Nitride BCG :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    I met Guy Kemp last week. I had ordered one of the BCG's and with Fathom being fairly local, he pm'd me on here asking if I'd like to meet half way and have it hand delivered a day early.

Of course I said yes.

The BCG is gorgeous and Mr. Kemp REALLY knows melonite. I don't think you'll be able to beat the CS either, as he even followed up with me after the purchase. Still haven't got to run it (carbine is still being built) but I'm certainly eager to. The attention to detail is phenomenal, even the cotter pin slot is tighter than normal.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I met Guy Kemp last week. I had ordered one of the BCG's and with Fathom being fairly local, he pm'd me on here asking if I'd like to meet half way and have it hand delivered a day early.

Of course I said yes.

The BCG is gorgeous and Mr. Kemp REALLY knows melonite. I don't think you'll be able to beat the CS either, as he even followed up with me after the purchase. Still haven't got to run it (carbine is still being built) but I'm certainly eager to. The attention to detail is phenomenal, even the cotter pin slot is tighter than normal.
    Wow that speaks volumes about Fathom. I love hearing stories of great interactions with companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Good choice on 1 in 8. I think for a gun that's going to see a lot of 55 & 62gr ammo that twist makes a lot of sense.

Also I'm excited to read the review Modern Arms is going to do on yalls Nitride BCG :D
    Thanks! Thats exactly why. Its more consumer friendly. Most of use shoot 55gr and ss109.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Thats exactly why. Its more consumer friendly. Most of use shoot 55gr and ss109.
    I'm sure you already thought of this but when are we gonna see Fathom do a 16" 1-8 twist with melonite? :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure you already thought of this but when are we gonna see Fathom do a 16" 1-8 twist with melonite? :D
    Been working on it for close to 3 months now. It will be coming soon. When we make the transition, we will be no longer offering chrome lined.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been working on it for close to 3 months now. It will be coming soon. When we make the transition, we will be no longer offering chrome lined.
    Great just what I need... More parts on the Need list :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fathom Arms Mid-Length URG w/ Enhanced Nitride BCG and Geissele MK8 M-LOK

www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a great looking URG. What kind of pricing for an upper like that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a great looking URG. What kind of pricing for an upper like that?
    About $960 as shown. That includes the Geissele MK8 M-LOK, Triad Flash Hider, BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle, and nitride BCG.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    How does the Low Coefficient of Friction of Nitrocarberizing compare to NiB. I am a big fan of both and am considering a NCB'd BCG on my next build. Is it about the same/better?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    How does the Low Coefficient of Friction of Nitrocarberizing compare to NiB. I am a big fan of both and am considering a NCB'd BCG on my next build. Is it about the same/better?
    I'm not sure on coefficient of friction, however, the only nib bcg I would buy is AAC's. For qpq, I would buy the Fathom unit. It is very well made. If you want a traditional dimension qpq bcg, v7 makes that. I have been running a Fathom qpq bcg for a few hundred rounds now. No opinions to share other than it is very well made, it is wearing evenly. It cleans up fast and easy, as well. I will need some more time before I feel comfortable commenting on any change to reliability, etc.

Eta: Every interaction I have had with Mr. Kemp has been positive and helpful. He knows what he's talking about, and doesn't tell you things he doesn't know about. A pleasant oasis of informed conversation in the typical shooting world.
    Last edited by JGifford; 31 October 2014 at 22:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a question for Guy over at Fathom. I had planned on buying a Lantac UAR upper when they come out, and pairing it with one of Y'alls Enhanced Nitride BCG. I know your carrier has a slight difference in it's design, and also the Lantac upper is slightly different aswell. Will I run into any tolerance problems combining the two?
    Last edited by DutyUse; 2 November 2014 at 12:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a question for Guy over at Fathom. I had planned on buying a Lantac UAR upper when they come out, and pairing it with one of Y'alls Enhanced Nitride BCG. I know your carrier has a slight difference in it's design, and also the Lantac upper is slightly different aswell. Will I run into any tolerance problems combining the two?
    Sorry for the delayed response. I have yet to ran across one upper that our BCG did not fit. I would think the Lantac would be just fine. However, I have not played with a Lantac upper to verify. Has Lantac said if the upper can run with a standard cam pin or does it require the rounded cam pin?
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review