Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that's some nice customer service.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    Glad you got the BCG! The cotter pin will fit, but it is just really tight. Once you get it through the first hole, rotate the cotter pin 90 degrees or so and try and push it the rest of the way in. They all go in because I check them when I break them down, but the tolerances are tight as hell.

Also give a look from the back of the BCG to make sure the cotter pin is level before pushing through the second hole. Once they are in, they don't move around.

After a few range trips it should be good to go. If for some reason you can't get it in, I'll send you a cotter pin.
    I thought I had tried anything and everything to get that back in... will try again the way you suggested.

Thanks again guy! Yall are the best, URG is coming soon

Downloads
    Uploads
    yea its screwed...

I spun it 90 degrees, 20, 17 etc etc.. It just will NOT go past this point

Once i install another factory pin it slides in like butter?

EDIT: Just noticed this is a great picture of the quality staking though :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    yea its screwed...

I spun it 90 degrees, 20, 17 etc etc.. It just will NOT go past this point

Once i install another factory pin it slides in like butter?

EDIT: Just noticed this is a great picture of the quality staking though :D

Sorry you are having difficulty getting it back in. I will send you out one. Sometimes the way the cotter pin is clipped, it makes a sharp corner. Try running a file on the corners. I'm still send you a new one regardless. So if you get it to work, you will have a spare.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry about it. I'll go pick one up from the local gun shop. Just couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

How the hell did Yall get it in - in the first place lol?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry about it. I'll go pick one up from the local gun shop. Just couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

How the hell did Yall get it in - in the first place lol?
    What I usually do is insert the cotter pin until it barerly touches the other side, then I rotate it roughly 90 degrees and then look at the backside of the firepin to make sure its level. Then I slide it home free. usually goes in great.

But regardless, I need to start filing the corners of the cotter pins to make initiall install easier. After they get broke in, they are usually good to go.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I had a BCG from another vendor that I used to dread taking apart to clean. That cotter pin used to drive me crazy. I found out looking down the backside of the bcg to very the pin was level made it a lot easier to get back in. After about 6 trips to the range its good and broke in now and I have no issues with it.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried stripping the carrier out ( no bolt, fp nothing) to see if I could just get the pin in and still couldn't...

Tried the same thing in my UCWRG stripped carrier, no bueno. When I look at two pins side by side, it looks like it's just spread to far apart to make it in, regardless of how I turn it, or how hard I push...

Actually I've been trying at it so much the finish has worn off on the cotter pin in some spots

EDIT: Beveled the leading edges ever so slightly and still nothing. This is so weird, I'm not saying I'm the AR guru but I've cleaned my fair share of BCG's and never had a problem with a Cotter? Went ahead a bought (3x) on amazon for 5.23 shipped, so thank you tremendously for the offer, but don't worry about it Mr. Kemp, you've already done me well and gained a customer for life
    Last edited by DutyUse; 30 December 2014 at 13:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried stripping the carrier out ( no bolt, fp nothing) to see if I could just get the pin in and still couldn't...

Tried the same thing in my UCWRG stripped carrier, no bueno. When I look at two pins side by side, it looks like it's just spread to far apart to make it in, regardless of how I turn it, or how hard I push...

Actually I've been trying at it so much the finish has worn off on the cotter pin in some spots

EDIT: Beveled the leading edges ever so slightly and still nothing. This is so weird, I'm not saying I'm the AR guru but I've cleaned my fair share of BCG's and never had a problem with a Cotter? Went ahead a bought (3x) on amazon for 5.23 shipped, so thank you tremendously for the offer, but don't worry about it Mr. Kemp, you've already done me well and gained a customer for life
    No worries at all! Its deffinitly an issue I need to address. Just to make installation a bit less problematic.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Gang!

Some of you may already know, but in case you did not. RangerProof has tested the Enhanced BCG out to a documented 17,000 rounds. The wear of the nitride also looks great! If you have been on the fence about buying one of our carriers, this should give you some confidence!

www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. I am short one BCG...
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Gang!

Some of you may already know, but in case you did not. RangerProof has tested the Enhanced BCG out to a documented 17,000 rounds. The wear of the nitride also looks great! If you have been on the fence about buying one of our carriers, this should give you some confidence!

Impressive testing and results! Though not unexpected, your enhanced bcg are quickly becoming my overall favorite. Where can we read about the results of his testing Guy?
    Last edited by DutyUse; 21 February 2015 at 02:00.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome welcome!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Impressive testing and results! Though not unexpected, your enhanced bcg are quickly becoming my overall favorite. Where can we read about the results of his testing Guy?
    That was just put on his instagram account. I'm not to sure what processes he used other than "beating the piss out of it" haha
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Fathom Arms URG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    That was just put on his instagram account. I'm not to sure what processes he used other than "beating the piss out of it" haha
    Sounds scientific.

One of these days I'll have to try out some nitride BCG.