Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Site Improvements

Just thought I'd share a few things as far as the site goes.

DeviantLogic has been brought in as an Admin on the software side of things here. You guys may have noticed him as he posts. He's been testing and evaluating our site upgrade on VBulletin. He's been instrumental in the site improvements and we're glad to have his time and expertise available to us.

Effective immediately, we're upgrading certain users' mailbox sizes.

Manufacturers/Dealers/Industry Partners will go up to 400 PM's

LEO/MIL vetted accounts will now have double the storage to 100 PM's

Once we implement site sponsorship, those that choose to go that route will be rewarded with 200 PM's.

Suggestions to improve the site are always welcome.

Thanks all!

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about adding the ability to upload photos directly from your computer. Frankly the whole photo-bucket fiasco sucks...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    How about adding the ability to upload photos directly from your computer. Frankly the whole photo-bucket fiasco sucks...
    That should be corrected with the upgrade.

Downloads
    Uploads

Site Improvements

I think it's been mentioned elsewhere, but if we could get easier YouTube embedding that'd be great. Sometimes I think I want to share a YouTube link but end up not doing it because I'd have to hunt around for the imbed ding instructions.
    Bigger inboxes for sponsorship are an excellent perk!
    Last edited by Battle Cock; 3 January 2016 at 01:00.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That should be corrected with the upgrade.
    Awesome! I only have a photobucket because of WEVO...

Will we be able to upload direct from mobile devices?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Awesome! I only have a photobucket because of WEVO...

Will we be able to upload direct from mobile devices?
    I have tapatalk and I've been posting images directly from the app for awhile now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    I have tapatalk and I've been posting images directly from the app for awhile now.
    Ah, I don't use tapatalk. Haven't felt the need to on my iPad, which is pretty much all I use for browsing. Wish I'd have known what you just said for the past two years though... I probably WOULD be using it then.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's been mentioned elsewhere, but if we could get easier YouTube embedding that'd be great. Sometimes I think I want to share a YouTube link but end up not doing it because I'd have to hunt around for the imbed ding instructions.
    The recognition of different youtube URL's has improved in the new release. The best way to insert a video is following the menu bar link and filling in the video URL since it will fill out the proper code information for you (IE youtube vs full30). The attached photos were taken from the new release, but it should still apply in the current version.

Name:  vid_upload..jpg
Views: 91
Size:  23.8 KBName:  vid_upload2..jpg
Views: 97
Size:  42.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it possible to add a "replies" button to jump directly to threads you have commented on? This is one of the few that do not have that feature.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Is it possible to add a "replies" button to jump directly to threads you have commented on? This is one of the few that do not have that feature.
    I would like to know when I have been replied to and/or quoted... not sure if that's an option but it would be nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I would like to know when I have been replied to and/or quoted... not sure if that's an option but it would be nice.
    If you have a smart phone, get tapatalk and use the forum through that. It will send push notifications when you are quoted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can subscribe to threads. You can find the "Thread Tools" menu at the top right of every thread. Click on that, then select "Subscribe to this Thread". I normally choose "Instant Notification by Email" under the notification type.

Additionally, in the advanced editor for creating threads or replying to threads, below the "Your Message" container is an "Additional Options" container that has a subscription option you can choose there as well.

You can then access your subscribed threads through the quick links menu on the forum menu.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have a smart phone, get tapatalk and use the forum through that. It will send push notifications when you are quoted.
    Tried it and don't like it. I just use my laptop or the browser on my phone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about an Optics/RDS forum?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    You can subscribe to threads. You can find the "Thread Tools" menu at the top right of every thread. Click on that, then select "Subscribe to this Thread". I normally choose "Instant Notification by Email" under the notification type.

Additionally, in the advanced editor for creating threads or replying to threads, below the "Your Message" container is an "Additional Options" container that has a subscription option you can choose there as well.

You can then access your subscribed threads through the quick links menu on the forum menu.
    I know how to subscribe to threads and you can also search through the "find all posts" link on your profile page. I still like the replies button on the page header. I bet it would get 10 times the use as the "Mark forums read" button.