Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I have to confess... I never saw any of the original Star Wars movies until about the year 2000. I was living in Hawaii and my house mate had a boxed set of all them and an old VCR. It flooded rain for about a week so we were stuck inside so I finally watched them.

I guess I won't wait that long to see this one. I will either catch a matinee or give it about a few weeks.

The good thing about living in a small town is I can get a ticket, get a large drink and a large popcorn all three for ten bucks. If I go to the matinee it's even cheaper.
    Ihave a younger guy at work that had never seen the original 3... said they were lame graphics and so on. After having a chat with him about how mind blowing they were in 1977, I brought in my custom BluRays (Han still shoots first!) to work and we played them over a few shifts (on our 184" HD projection stadium theater seating TV room!)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Ihave a younger guy at work that had never seen the original 3... said they were lame graphics and so on. After having a chat with him about how mind blowing they were in 1977, I brought in my custom BluRays (Han still shoots first!) to work and we played them over a few shifts (on our 184" HD projection stadium theater seating TV room!)
    We may have to have a discussion about Harmy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A few years ago I started getting called into our "technical interviews" when we were hiring new IT guys. Last question I would always ask they guys who were good candidates was "Star Wars or Star Trek?" Needless to say, the Force is strong in our IT department. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that I have seen the movie I can check back in this thread. It's been a few weeks to avoid any spoilers.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Now that I have seen the movie I can check back in this thread. It's been a few weeks to avoid any spoilers.
    I've heard very good things about it thus far.

Can't wait for tomorrow!
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a great movie. Did it live up to the hype? No, but I doubt that was a reality. It was packed full of action, and there's a moment which you see coming but when it actually happens you are left breathless. My only complaint is that it throws you into the current timeline with no backstory. It does little to fill the 30 some odd year gap from ROTJ.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    It's a great movie. Did it live up to the hype? No, but I doubt that was a reality. It was packed full of action, and there's a moment which you see coming but when it actually happens you are left breathless. My only complaint is that it throws you into the current timeline with no backstory. It does little to fill the 30 some odd year gap from ROTJ.
    I agree with all of this. I know the backstory fill-in they're trying to accomplish with their cross-promoted media stuff, but it would have worked better had it been in the movie (at least some of it).

I thought most of it was great, there were a couple things that should have been done better, and had they been it could have been a classic. Instead, I'd say it's a good movie compared to what we get these days out of Hollywood, but falls short of the original.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was debating buying Battlefront just to learn about the battle at the Abu Dhabi planet. But I kind of lost interest when I could direct that $50 to other stuff.

A request for those that have seen it... CAN WE MAKE THIS A SPOILER-FREE THREAD? At least for a little while. My plan is to see it next week, but it's dependent on crowds. 'Cause I hate people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im all for spoiler free for a few days at least.

And boom.

FFL 07/ NFA 02

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I was debating buying Battlefront just to learn about the battle at the Abu Dhabi planet. But I kind of lost interest when I could direct that $50 to other stuff.

A request for those that have seen it... CAN WE MAKE THIS A SPOILER-FREE THREAD? At least for a little while. My plan is to see it next week, but it's dependent on crowds. 'Cause I hate people.
    Here's a Battlefront spoiler: they don't tell you anything about what happened at Jakku. You just fight on some maps that have wreckage on them. Battlefront as a whole is pretty disappointing, though it is on sale on Xbox this week (one month after release, if that tells you anything). At the sale price it's not so bad, but it's not worth full price.

If you look around a few places have write ups that talk about what happened between RotJ and TFA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecha_Arms View Post
    Here's a Battlefront spoiler: they don't tell you anything about what happened at Jakku. You just fight on some maps that have wreckage on them. Battlefront as a whole is pretty disappointing, though it is on sale on Xbox this week (one month after release, if that tells you anything). At the sale price it's not so bad, but it's not worth full price.

If you look around a few places have write ups that talk about what happened between RotJ and TFA.
    Disappointing, but kind of the gut feeling (force?) that I was getting. I don't really end up playing online anymore, plus I play on a PC and not a console, so that's yet another reason why I waved off. Thanks for confirming.

...and because I thought I posted it here, but apparently put it somewhere else...repost:

MilleniumFalcon.2015 by D T, on Flickr

MilleniumFalcon.2014 by D T, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spoiler free comment. The wife and I enjoyed it. We'll see it again in the theater. 3D was well done too. Too bad a kid ruined a major plot in the lobby between showings. be careful out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I can finally dip back into this thread. We went and saw it last night, good movie, the boy behaved him self, he's 5 so it's iffy if he will right now. It was a good time, can it equal the first time you saw Star Wars, no but that's probly not gonna happen. Over all it had a good Star Wars feel to it, the first flight of the falcon scenes were probly worth the admission by itself. Wont talk anymore about the movie itself right now, but it was an amazing experience to sit in theater with my son on my lap and see him mesmerized with some of the scenes and having him ask me questions all the way through, made for a special night.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Went to see it this afternoon. Overall I enjoyed it with only a few small niggles. My wife even said she enjoyed more than she thought she would. Will be interesting to see where they take it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Undercover Boss: