Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    The Dillon is excellent, but you have to decide what your purpose is for reloading. A progressive press is great for pistol/carbine caliber reloading to produce ammo quickly, but it is much more labor intensive in the setup process and in my experience harder to control the variables. If I was a high volume match shooter the Dillon would fit the bill, but I mainly got into reloading for producing cost effective match grade ammo for extended long range shooting. For me the 2 single stage presses are about all I would ever need. Would it be nice to pump out ammo quickly? Sure, but its a much greater cost. Each setup has pros/cons, you just have to decide what your main goal is going to be for your reloading setup.

BTW I can PM you an address to send that 650 to a buddy has one he reloads his pistols with and it pisses me off how quickly he can pump out a finished round lol.
    Haha, we will get a use out of it soon. My views are in line with yours. I want the single stage to produce ammo in small batches with tight tolerances for long range precision and load development, etc. Since I'm not too concerned with that with my normal plinking ammo (most shooting I do is plinking) I'll use the 650 to churn out 1000 rounds in a few hours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great write up!! I want to add a single stage once I get into the long range game. For now i just pump them out like crazy on the 650 :D