Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ambi lower comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I understand the theory, I don't buy the concept. I can shoot a legacy gun one-handed with my left hand just fine. I think this is all largely snake-oil.

My favorite is the guys that can't hit the broad side of a barn in under 72 hours STRONG SIDE that want to work lateral transitions.
    Why so fuddie duddie? Just because something isn't necessary doesn't mean it isn't good.

I like the ambi controls on the HK handguns. Are they needed? Clearly not. But to me, it all feels natural.

The AX556 is like that for the AR. Ditto the Raptor and BAD-ASS.

To me, it just feels right. Does it make me a better shooter.. dunno. Probably a bit, but probably not a huge amount. Do I care? Nope.

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone looked into the new Spikes Gen2 billet lower? Looks interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Anyone looked into the new Spikes Gen2 billet lower? Looks interesting.
    You found the lower that cost more than the AX556, $450.

http://www.primaryarms.com/Spikes_Ta..._p/stlb200.htm
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    You found the lower that cost more than the AX556, $450.

http://www.primaryarms.com/Spikes_Ta..._p/stlb200.htm
    But it comes with titanium takedown pins and some KNS pins!!! (Sarcasm)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice info, thanks a lot. I think I'm moving toward the STT-15 (Grenade - i recon it will look like it's been broken in, who needs a safe queen anyhow) now. This will be mated with my Stag Lefty upper, but then probably, I'll buy another upper to fully build. But first, I think a new trigger is more important.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    AXTS and SanTan Tactical. Are the two that I have been looking at. Actually thinking of doing a AXTS lower and using the SanTan upper as they look like they are made for each other on the outside. The sets mixed like this appear to pair up nicely as well.
    I think there is a possibility that those two might look a bit "busy" together. I guess the only way to know is to try it.

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    Why so fuddie duddie? Just because something isn't necessary doesn't mean it isn't good.
    Understood.

In this case, it's neither.

Likewise, different isn't better, better is better.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads

Ambi lower comparisons

OK. Everyone get out of this thread. You are misguided in your interest. Move along. Nothing to see here.

:-)

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    I think I'm moving toward the STT-15 (Grenade - i recon it will look like it's been broken in, who needs a safe queen anyhow) now.
    Well, from my understanding, "blem" lowers such as these don't really have that may cosmetic issues without specifically looking for any scratches/dings. From what I've heard other people say, is that said "blems" have anything barely even noticeable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went with the San-Tan Tactical SST-15 and have no regrets, even though it is on the pricy side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've owned a lot of ambi lowers. I own 2 KAC's, 3 Mega's, 2 San Tan's, and some others. I used to own a AX556. (sold it to a buddy when there was a long waiting list and he was dying for one)

Now, the AX556 as mentioned is $429.99. For that price, you get a good looking lower receiver, but is it $130 better than the San Tan? Not in my opinion.

I've been shooting the AR platform for so long, left handed, it actually screws me up when using ambi mag releases. Even my duty setup only utilizes an ambi safety, the BAD-CASS. I find that I have to retrain myself to use the ambi features.

If you like the looks of the AX556 and think it's worth your $429.99. Have at it. Personally, I think a forged lower with a Norgon, and a BAD-ASS works well for a lefty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys first post. Not to throw a wrench into the gears but have you looked into the LWRC ambi lower? They are complete but not sold alone by LWRC. Some companies separate the lowers and uppers. Check modern Outfitters if your interested.