Downloads
    Uploads

Aimpoint T1 vs T2

I am wanting to get one of these two, but i am not sure if it is worth the extra money to get the T2 over the T1, i plan on getting one of the Scalarworks mounts to go with which ever one i decide on, any input would be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't researched the T2 but I have owned a T1 for a very long time. I think I've changed the battery once, and I leave it on all the time. With the IO Cover, it's the ultimate lightweight sight. I'm pretty sure the price difference is not worth the upgrade to a T2.

Also, if you don't need night vision capability (honestly how many civilians have this?) you can go with the Micro H-1 and save another $50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the T2 so far. I just got in the mail the other day. I just need to slap on this new Scalarworks mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Dave already hit it. Unless you require Night Vision, The H1 is the way to go with an IOcover.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input, i am more than likely going to order an H1 combo from Scalarworks. I think it will be a great combo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh come on, who doesn't need night vision? After the Canadians invade, their inability to stay awake after 2030 hours is going to be the only thing that saves us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Oh come on, who doesn't need night vision? After the Canadians invade, their inability to stay awake after 2030 hours is going to be the only thing that saves us.
    Hehe you jest, but NV is actually becoming affordable now. For the cost of a single high-end AR you can get a decent helmet and gen 3 NV monocular. For a long time it was just too expensive, but I may have to eat my words and start recommending the T-1 soon

I have a friend with a thermal imaging monocular. He brought it over the other day to show me and it's just amazing. Between NV and thermal, you could do some serious work in pitch-black conditions. Might be valuable for some folks to have that option, but still I suspect most civvies are not going to own this sort of kit. I'm not sure how useful it would be for a single dude to be able to operate in the dark. Escape and evade, maybe ... but I digress ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dezmick View Post
    I am wanting to get one of these two, but i am not sure if it is worth the extra money to get the T2 over the T1, i plan on getting one of the Scalarworks mounts to go with which ever one i decide on, any input would be appreciated.
    I too am planning on getting a T-2 for my current build. Thats if I have money from my tax return after replacing my front door, screen door and sidelite. AND a barrel and rail system. Damn me getting married.