Thread: 7.62x39 AR

Downloads
    Uploads

7.62x39 AR

Just completed a 7.6x39 AR build and am having issues with the primers being punched enough to initiate a "fire". The first round chambered fires fine, it ejects fine, and seems to reload fine, however round two will not fire correctly. After removing the round through cycling the charging handle the next round will fire correctly and then the failures repeat. I was told to install a heavier hammer and spring. I was told that the M16 parts kit has a heavier spring and hammer than an AR15 parts kit. Has anyone else had similar issues with a 7.62x39 build? My best friend built one at the same exact time, he used all different parts (with the exception of the LPK) and he has the same issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you have any other springs, try them first. if not , wolfe makes a heavy spring kit.
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't help with the primer issue but that does not look like a x39 mag
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks like a standard P-Mag. Try only loading 8 rounds in it.