Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

LanTac UAR Upper

Lantac USA will soon be releasing their new UAR Upper Receiver. These are now in production and you should see them shortly at your favorite stocking Lantac Dealer.

Stay updated with all of Lantac USA's products here: http://www.lantac-usa.com/

Upper Information:

The patent pending SMOOTHCAM system features a domed head, low friction cam pin and special upper
    receiver that offer ultra smooth operation.

With its blended cam recess the UAR upper is machined from Billet 7075-T6 certified aluminum and milspec, Type3, Class2, Deep Black, Hardcoat Anodized.

The UAR is a precision machined upper with a special burnished bore that gives a compacted internal surface with a roughness average in micro inches of 16, as opposed to standard bored or milled uppers that are 32-63, or higher. This reduces bolt carrier friction and creates a much smoother operation.

Barrel nut threads, bore and barrel extension surfaces are all machined in one operation so that they are
    perfectly concentric and perpendicular to the barrel and fixing assembly.

The cam pin recess has been carefully designed with a smooth surface that flows into the main reciprocation channel.

This allows our specially designed radial, domed head cam pin to move with the minimum of wear against these
    internal surfaces.

The CP-R360 Cam Pin has no moving parts to break or lock up, so unlike roller systems it can never fail.

Machined from 17-4 PH Stainless Steel and hardened to H900 (40RC) it is finished with a super smooth Melonite process. The cam pins circular head has a single flat face machined into it so that it can be inserted into any bolt carrier without having to remove the gas key.

The unique domed head allows the cam pin to operate in a completely different position to a traditional pin, with the radius of the head curving away from the receivers internal surface, rather than forming a hard or sharp edge on its upper corner that causes wear.

Used in conjunction with our UAR upper and you have a complete, ultra smooth, low friction, minimum wear system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want one!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn... I haven't even finished my current project and already want to swap to this upper... Probably rather have their forend too. *Sigh*
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Damn... I haven't even finished my current project and already want to swap to this upper... Probably rather have their forend too. *Sigh*
    It never ends does it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like.... Ever. I'm a sucker for things that increase smoothness and I have to be careful not to let things like this play me like a banjo at an Ozark hoedown. I've now flip-flopped component ideas so many times on this rebuild...

I should have been a politician.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It never ends does it?
    No.....especially when hanging out around here...lol..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice looking upper. Have they said what the price is yet?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Like.... Ever. I'm a sucker for things that increase smoothness and I have to be careful not to let things like this play me like a banjo at an Ozark hoedown. I've now flip-flopped component ideas so many times on this rebuild...

I should have been a politician.
    Better played like a banjo at an Ozark hoedown than a dueling one near the Cahulawassee river. If it were the latter we'd be telling you to paddle faster.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Very nice looking upper. Have they said what the price is yet?
    No idea on what the MSRP is. Based on other Lantac products, I assume this will be competitively priced.

They have a ton of new products coming, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else they have in store.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

They have a ton of new products coming...
    That is so not what I needed to hear... My RA upper is already looking like it might be moved to a build I'm scratching together for my wife so I could use this. Likewise she'll probably get my my perfectly good Spike's NiB BCG, just so I can get a Fathom.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw the picture for the upper and I'm impressed with Lantac's new upper, will any BCG work with their upper to "reduce friction"? It seems like in the pic they were talking about a cam, maybe a proprietary BCG completes this system?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautiful upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Read some where they said the uppers will include the cam pin.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wouldn't be surprised to eventually see Lantac make a BCG aswell if this upper does well.

Reading some more specs over at Lantac has peaked my interest
    Last edited by DutyUse; 6 October 2014 at 16:00. Reason: fixed link

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this upper. My build is in standby waiting for it.
    -One Nation, Under God