Downloads
    Uploads

Troy standard vs micro folding sights

so im getting ready to upgrade my hand guard (from a magpul moe middy to a centurion arms cmr 14) and looking for a set of buis to go on my rifle. what are the differences between the standard and micro folding buis from troy?? i know i want the m4 front but not sure about the doa rear. Id also like to upgrade to tritium in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The micros are mainly for weapons with an elevated top rail. Using them on a standard height rail might end up being too low for your site picture when your weapon is shouldered. And it would also affect co-witness on your optic, if applicable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical View Post
    The micros are mainly for weapons with an elevated top rail. Using them on a standard height rail might end up being too low for your site picture when your weapon is shouldered. And it would also affect co-witness on your optic, if applicable.
    thank you

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're looking to upgrade you may want to checkout the Magpul MBUS Pro set. They're extremely low profile and very light to be steel. Here is a link at ROG one of our new sponsors. At $132.50 they may be the best deal on backup sights.

http://www.rogtac.com/optics-sights/...pro-combo.html
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1M View Post
    Id also like to upgrade to tritium in the future.
    Tritium rifle sights were big in the early 90's, before red dot sights really became mainstream. A front tritium sight post is typically wider than a standard A2 type, but is usable. Rear tritium sights are just about pointless and more of a distraction, due to the close proximity to your eye.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ditto on tritium rear for AR. Actually irritating. MBUS Pros are nicely low profile for fitting under a scope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Micros are, like the standard Troys, very well made. I have a set on a Robinson Arms XCR-L rifle....they work well on that rifle; better than the previous Magpul MBUS gen 1's that came with the XCR-L.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the micros on a typical m4/ar15 platform and while they have a slightly lower sight profile I havn't felt it was an issue at all. They are built like a tank as all troy BUIS have been traditionally. Regardless I do agree with the above and say that the tritium is not really needed.