Downloads
    Uploads

Griffin Armament QB Blast Shield

Pulled these pictures from Griffin Armament's IG page.

Nothing listed on their website yet about them. Might be some competition for the Ferfrans CQB Modular Muzzle Brake System??

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My interest has been piqued

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I like that it is compatible with all M4SD suppressor mount muzzle devices from Griffin Armament as well as A2 FH.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 29 September 2014 at 16:38.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    What he said...

Downloads
    Uploads
    My only question is do any of these blast shields work or do they essentially just turn your brake into a complicated flash can and destroy most of the brake capability?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    My only question is do any of these blast shields work or do they essentially just turn your brake into a complicated flash can and destroy most of the brake capability?
    By redirecting the blast forwards you increase the recoil and enhance the flash. They do the job they are designed for, and that is reducing the concussion and blast.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    By redirecting the blast forwards you increase the recoil and enhance the flash. They do the job they are designed for, and that is reducing the concussion and blast.
    Yes but my little BRT linier comp does that job very well and I'm betting less weight and def. less bulk. Why put a comp or brake on the rifle that you know is going to have more flash and percussion then cover it up with a shield that eliminates the whole reason you put a brake instead of just putting something like a pig on it if you want the look? I wondered if they had somehow found a way to get the best of both worlds by using the shield.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Yes but my little BRT linier comp does that job very well and I'm betting less weight and def. less bulk. Why put a comp or brake on the rifle that you know is going to have more flash and percussion then cover it up with a shield that eliminates the whole reason you put a brake instead of just putting something like a pig on it if you want the look? I wondered if they had somehow found a way to get the best of both worlds by using the shield.
    When shooting indoors or in a class the reduced blast is nice, and having a 2 second QD option over having to completely replace the muzzle device is handy as well.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    interesting....