Downloads
    Uploads

Shameless Self Promotion

Has anyone else been getting emails from vendors promoting "Sniper Approved" or similar words, to sell their products? I've gotten 3. I only buy from one of them, but not anymore.

I think it's shameless to ride on the back of the American Sniper movie to promote "sniper approved sunglasses", or whatever.
    Sure, folks for years have been making money from toy's to you name it, from popular movies.

But I feel that these vendors are selling their "sniper approved" on the back of a dead hero. Chris Kyle may have been a hero overseas, and he did make it back to the U.S. after serving 4 tours, but he still died in the service of his country, doing what he did as a sniper, watching over and taking care of other vets.

Plus, tell me, what in the @*cK sniper "approved" their crap. Please don't ask for names, I don't want to get in a pissing war with vendors, because it would get nasty, but what will you think if you get emails hawking goods as "Sniper Approved"?

I know the one I actually purchased from has been deleted from my mail box, and their address marked as spam.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads

Shameless Self Promotion

Well, if it's sniper approved sunglasses, based off the movie, then they are all wiley x (I know they don't market like this, I deal with their promotional materials daily) glasses. Comp can attest to the wiley x products, I wear them too.

But I agree it is a shitty move if company's are selling things based off the fact that "this popular person uses this product." What's worse is that's what sells though. Someone off the street would walk into a cabelas and snatch that up because it says that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the same thing in my junk box this morning. I deleted it. I can't go back to see what company it was. I know its not from my usual pool of vendors though.

There is going to be a glut of "sniper" based marketing and products coming out after this. I'm sure Naval recruiting is getting a big push from this as well. The only bonus will be after the initial price hikes in a few years there might be some quality gear that is lightly used for sale at rock bottom prices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use my work email sometimes and would rather not have companies sending emails titled "Sniper Approved".
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    i dont get shameless email like you guys do :)
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have huge moral issues with that as well. I'd rather take word of mouth from casual users about products, than I would marketing BS. Is a trend that has extended to more than just marketing products. Also noticing the history channel is rehashing sniper programs as well. Everyone with a scope lately thinks they'll grow up to be Kyle. SMDH
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    I have huge moral issues with that as well. I'd rather take word of mouth from casual users about products, than I would marketing BS. Is a trend that has extended to more than just marketing products. Also noticing the history channel is rehashing sniper programs as well. Everyone with a scope lately thinks they'll grow up to be Kyle. SMDH
    I agree. If it was just a fictional movie, or they had kept the S.E.A.L's name secret and used a fictional character, I wouldn't think twice. Well, I would think "bullshit", but I think they (vendors) are covertly referring to Chris Kyle "endorsed" without actually having to say it, or at least his legacy to sell the same shit that wasn't "Sniper Approved" a month ago. Maybe the "coward" crowd will start selling size 72 pants and calling them "Michael Moore" approved?
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Well, if it's sniper approved sunglasses, based off the movie, then they are all wiley x (I know they don't market like this, I deal with their promotional materials daily) glasses. Comp can attest to the wiley x products, I wear them too.

But I agree it is a shitty move if company's are selling things based off the fact that "this popular person uses this product." What's worse is that's what sells though. Someone off the street would walk into a cabelas and snatch that up because it says that.
    No, I just used "sunglasses" as an example. I have some Wiley X glasses and love them. They are not the ones calling everything they can hawk, "sniper approved". I'm surprised someone hasn't dyed toilet paper urban camo and tried to pass it off as sniper approved. Or para chord or boot laces, or any crap they can attach the moniker "sniper approved" too. Again, I'd love to hear exactly what snipers approved of their stuff. Rhetorical statement obvious.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a "Sniper Approved" eyewear email today also:

Does this marketing actually work on anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    as long as Fan-boys are around sadly yes
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty dang offensive to the memory and family of Kyle for this kinda marketing, but sadly it's no big surprise. Love the Moore comment BTW FT, priceless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I got a "Sniper Approved" eyewear email today also:

Does this marketing actually work on anyone?

Yep...got the same thing ,.....i do need some shooting glasses, but if there sniper approved or not, is not really my concern though...lol..

Downloads
    Uploads
    The bigger question is, is this Fort Tom approved?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The bigger question is, is this Fort Tom approved?
    Lololol.....well....that remains to be determined

Downloads
    Uploads
    would probably cost too much to get anything FT approved lol
    My only fear is that when I die.... my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!!!!