Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Then you're good to go Eric
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So the big question?

Factory built?

Or Home built?

I'm a pc gamer sooooo homebrewed and built :p
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisauss View Post
    Same here. Love building my own. Same problem as black rifle disease. Hey look I found a spare dimm..... turns into hey want to see my new $2k gaming rig?
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisauss View Post
    Ditto ... I've built 2 thus far ... so I think I'm doing it right.

Smith - curious, WN7 or WN8? I love WN7 (came from the world of Vista ... was a love/hate relationship to say the least).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Today I helped an elderly lady fix her computer. She has a Mac and I don't work on those much.

But, I sent her instructions on how to fix it. She didn't dare try them, she was too afraid she'd screw it up more, but, she had her husband contact me. So, I walked her husband through the process with simple chat messages. Lo and behold (and no surprise to me), their Mac is working fine now.

I'm happy to help so, if any of you need help, please just ask me.

David asked me if they could pay me something for my help because this is my business. I said "Nahh, I'm happy to help"

Now that I think about this, I think perhaps the outpouring of offers to send any extra parts lying around for me to build a gun to replace the one ones I had to sell must be because I help people myself as much as I can. I don't know, but it's a thought.

I do so hope all of the winners of Stick's giveaway stay here as participating members of this WEVO forum. Share your knowledge as i will share mine.

I am making many new friends here in WEVO, we can never have too many good friends.

-Will-
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So the big question?

Factory built?

Or Home built?

laptop is factory
    PC home built.... I would never buy a desktop from a store
    My only fear is that when I die.... my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I'm reviving an old thread here, but any chance I might be able to take you up on your computer help Will?

We bought a seagate external Hard Drive so we could be assured if anything happened to the computer our wedding photos, kids birthdays etc etc wouldn't be lost. Well our iMac got hit with something and went down hard. No problem, took it to a computer repair store and had them wipe the computer and then reload the apple operating system. Our mac is back up and doing well, but now regardless of how many seagate employees I speak with, or firmware updates I download for this external HD I cannot get to any of our photos. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I know I'm reviving an old thread here, but any chance I might be able to take you up on your computer help Will?

We bought a seagate external Hard Drive so we could be assured if anything happened to the computer our wedding photos, kids birthdays etc etc wouldn't be lost. Well our iMac got hit with something and went down hard. No problem, took it to a computer repair store and had them wipe the computer and then reload the apple operating system. Our mac is back up and doing well, but now regardless of how many seagate employees I speak with, or firmware updates I download for this external HD I cannot get to any of our photos. Any ideas?
    If you open a new finder window and scroll down to devices do you see the Seagate under remote disk? If not do the basic stuff like make sure all the cables are plugged in correctly and what not.

You can try and mount the disk.. open disk utilities Go>Utilities see if the hard drive is listed on the left if you see it underneath it may be the volume, highlight the volume and click on the "mount icon". If you can't click on the mount icon you may have to verify the disk first. If it doesn't verify it will prompt you to repair it. Run the repair after it completes disconnect the drive reboot the mac wait for the desktop then plug in the usb drive it should show on your desktop.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 31 July 2015 at 05:43.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    If you open a new finder window and scroll down to devices do you see the Seagate under remote disk? If not do the basic stuff like make sure all the cables are plugged in correctly and what not.

You can try and mount the disk.. open disk utilities Go>Utilities see if the hard drive is listed on the left if you see it underneath it may be the volume, highlight the volume and click on the "mount icon". If you can't click on the mount icon you may have to verify the disk first. If it doesn't verify it will prompt you to repair it. Run the repair after it completes disconnect the drive reboot the mac wait for the desktop then plug in the usb drive it should show on your desktop.

I'll give it a go tonight. Thanks for the great write up I really appreciate it bro

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't see it in the Mac, plug it into someones Windows machine and see if that pics it up. If that doesn't pick it up, then most likely the USB controller in the external drive box is dead. That doesn't mean the drive itself is dead though. Let me know if Computalotapus's help didn't solve the problem. I can still try recover the pictures for you if that doesn't work and a Windows machine won't see the external drive. You'd just have to mail it here. As long as the drive spins up and the drive controller is OK then all the data can be recovered without much problem.

What happened when you tried to install the firmware updates? Did they actually install?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Message sent Sir.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm reviving this from the dead for some feedback! I have a lower end desktop, Compaq Pavilion 500-336 4GB RAM i3-4130 CPU @ 340GHz, 64 bit Win 10. The thing is getting rather sluggish and likes to freeze up on occasion. I was thinking about trying to rehab it, instead of replacement. Plan: New SSHD (solid state hybrid, 1TB), up the RAM by another 4GB for 8 total, fresh install of the OS on the new HD and then use the the old HD for storage.

Total cost is only about $128. My needs are fairly basic. The usual web surfing, email, video/music streaming, photo editing. Thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm reviving this from the dead for some feedback! I have a lower end desktop, Compaq Pavilion 500-336 4GB RAM i3-4130 CPU @ 340GHz, 64 bit Win 10. The thing is getting rather sluggish and likes to freeze up on occasion. I was thinking about trying to rehab it, instead of replacement. Plan: New SSHD (solid state hybrid, 1TB), up the RAM by another 4GB for 8 total, fresh install of the OS on the new HD and then use the the old HD for storage.

Total cost is only about $128. My needs are fairly basic. The usual web surfing, email, video/music streaming, photo editing. Thoughts?
    Save your money. You can find a better, refurbished box at woot.com for not much more. Newer means compatibility as well as performance; support for older computers is being dropped like a bad habit.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

$128?

How could you go wrong? I have muzzle devices that cost more than that.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just doubling the RAM to 8 gig should breath some new life into it. The new drive and fresh Win 10 install should be icing on the cake.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member