Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Id really encourage anyone who doesnt like the brace to try one first. It's really comfortable. I thought it was the dumbest thing ever until i finally used it then i ordered five minutes later. For me, the flexibility, slightly lower cost and not having extra ATF intrusion is well worth the small aesthetics of a "true" stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if this works for 300 BLK, but Thordsen Custom makes one as well (I personally have no experience with this particular item, but I've seen it here and there). Particularly interesting to note is the saddle (stock) which somewhat resembles a traditional stock and not something like an SB-15.

If you know who Chris Tran is, you'll occasionally see him throw up some pictures of Thordsen stock. However, he made one statement very clear:

"In the video, I mentioned that the Thordsen Enhanced Buffer Tube Kit separately and without the CAA saddle had been determined as NOT A STOCK as per the BATFE, and that Thordsen Customs provides a certificate from the BATFE stating such. This is not exactly correct. Thordsen Customs issues a letter stating the BATFE opinion regarding their enhanced buffer tube kit as not a stock, but is is not a certificate per se, it is the BATFE opinion on the configuration of the kit itself.

It is also important to note that the BATFE has issued an opinion on the CAA saddle kit as well, and in their opinion, the CAA attached to a buffer tube does not qualify as a stock, but not specifically the Thordsen Customs kit and the CAA saddle together.

It is still up to the end user to check their local laws and ordinances, and to do their own due diligence regarding local laws and regulations before you build your own specific pistol out in the jurisdiction you live in.

.pdfs of the BATFE determination letters are available via Thordsen Customs' website, and I have provided a pic of the documentation from Thordsen Customs itself so you can weigh out the benefits/risks for yourselves."

Here's a picture of it from Chris Tran's facebook page: Thordsen stock

Downloads
    Uploads

AR pistol buffer assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Yep. Sig brace for interstate travel. When you look at it as 120 bucks for the brace VS 200 bucks to make it an SBR, SBR wins in my opinion... But like the previous poster said, I am 1/4 mile away from PA in one direction, and 10mins from WV in the other direction. I can't take a SBR to these places as easily as the pistol. If you're staying in state with the gun, SBR wins for me.
    Not as difficult as you may think. Yes It is an extra form or two but still there isn't much to it. You just need to fill out a 5320.20 for each state. You can get them validated for one year at a time. So yes you have to do it every year but it only cost a little time and a couple stamps and your GTG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought you had to notify them 30 days prior every time and receive written permission that had to be carried with you? Either way, too much trouble for me as much as I'm mobile across several states.