Thread: Offset BUIS ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Offset BUIS ?

Ive been looking for some offset buis for my rifles and was curious if XS is the only company that makes an offset than can reverse for lefty's ? Also does anyone make a keymod version yet ?
    I really like the mount system for the KAC folding version but I feel having to flip up those up in a pinch could be an issue , I'm no operator just figure if my optic goes down and it's an important shot I don't wanna take my eyes off the prize .

Downloads
    Uploads
    KAC has them for Keymod. Have you tried offset irons? I ask because I've found them more a pain in the butt than anything else. Shooting support side barricade is an exercise in frustration.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Shooting support side barricade is an exercise in frustration.
    This is why we don't shoot "support-side".

OP, you could always run the flip-ups flipped up when you're shooting and only fold them down for transport or storage. I have a set of the Surefire/Dueck Defense offset irons but they don't fold.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone make a flip up for lefties ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Does anyone make a flip up for lefties ?
    I don't know of any offset lefty flip-ups but it should be possible to just mount any offset flip-ups on the other side of the rails.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard Griffin Armament is coming out with a LH version of their Fail-Safe sights, but no idea on timeline. Also the XS's are too low if your stock has any sort of enhanced cheek weld such as a STR, B5 Bravo/Sopmod etc.
    Last edited by VIPER 237; 8 October 2014 at 22:14.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice I was looking at the Fail Safes .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would HIGHLY suggest getting something that folds, especially if you want to use it in some sort of tactical context. None-folding sights will grab kit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do the KAC"s have the ability to flip around so I could run them on the left ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Do the KAC"s have the ability to flip around so I could run them on the left ?
    I am assuming yes, since all you need is the circle of the rear sight and the point of the front sight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This is why we don't shoot "support-side".
    Lol! I try not to do so, and remember Defoor telling us he's never done it in combat. I still practice it in case I ever need to based on the available cover. As an example if my only shot is under the bumper of a car to my left I use a compromise support side technique. I put the rifle in my left shoulder but keep my hands where they are. Works pretty well for me. I can't recall which instructor showed us this - you always took better notes so you might know. I'm also cross-eye dominant so it's probably easier for me than some others.

With modern optics, I still view irons as something I'll likely never need. Because of that I use fold down models and they ride on top of the weapon. I'm not a 3 gunner so I never saw a need to quickly transition to them.