Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's another little video in slow motion. Note ejection with M193-type ball. I might mess around with buffer weights just a bit to see what that does.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice video usbp, and good choice of music. I'm interested to see how this rifle does with one of your usual long-term testing. I wish I was on the ball as you are with the long-term projects.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Nice video usbp, and good choice of music. I'm interested to see how this rifle does with one of your usual long-term testing. I wish I was on the ball as you are with the long-term projects.
    On the ball? Ha!

I have too many long-term projects. If it was just one or two it wouldn't be a big deal...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Scratch the Troy/VTAC Delta rail off the list. The rail would have fit-and looked quite nice on the rifle-had Ruger used a traditional AR front sight base.

What happens is the Troy has an internal flange on the bottom length of handguard that fits into the space between the standard GI sling swivel and the bayonet lug. There is no space on the bottom of the Ruger gas black since they chose to use a machined-in QD swivel socket.

I don't know how the Daniel Defense would work. It might clear the area on the bottom of Ruger's front base just fine. But unless things have changed, the FSB has to be removed to install the DD. If I'm going to pull the front sight base I'd just replace it with a low profile gas block and use a BCM forend.

Looks like the 7" non free float rails might be the only option without making some mods.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had been planning on cutting off the QD sling swivel socket with a Dremel followed by dressing up with a file. There isn't much room to work around the handguard cap. I tried knocking out the taper pins in order to pull the front sight block to make it easier to work on but I can only get one taper pin out. The second pin is stuck fast and I cannot get it to budge for the life of me.

I pulled the barrel this morning and dropped it in the mail to Marvin Pitts. I'm sure he'll be able to pop out the taper pin and mill the QD socket off no problem. I also tossed a GI barrel nut and delta ring in the box so he can replace the proprietary Ruger nut while he has the front sight off.

Hopefully all this will allow me to correctly and easily install the VTAC Delta. I'll be sure to post again when I get the barrel back from Marvin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    New Direct-Impingement R…: http://youtu.be/UTw3-zIwndQ