Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

NEW Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot

For those wanting a version of the Holosun that's compatible with Aimpoint Micro mounts here you go.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...s_p/md-ads.htm
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually not a version of the HOLOSUN per se, but Primary Arms take on a micro sight like a Holosun, according to the video. Major changes too, besides the mounting options. The biggest, I see is moving the battery from the base, to the side so you don't have to remove the sight to change/install battery, moved the emitter so it's not in the users line of sight while looking through the scope, and beefed up water proofing. The reviewer claims the glass on it looks much nicer than that on a Holosun, and claims it's the closest thing to a T1 you can get, as far as glass quality and other features that have been incorporated into this sight.

I'm moving around some sights on some of my guns and I'm going to come up one short due to the acquisition of my AR-10. I'm really considering buying one of these for a rifle I have which has a BCM "light weight" keymod upper on it. My "Voodoo" lightweight upper that I built is a lighter Keymod upper than the BCM and has an H1 on it.

I have reservations about not just buying another H1 for the BCM upper, or trying one of these, but I'm leaning on trying one.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    My money is on the same factory in China is spitting them out. Also saw a Sig promo flyer at a LGS with a Sig branded one shown that is also identical to these.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well let us know if decide to try it out. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the durability is what I would like to know about. I know mileage varies but I don't want something that is going to go bad just getting bumped around in the safe.

Optical quality is nothing if the bugger doesn't turn on or hold zero. I will be keeping an eye on this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably is the same factory. It doesn't mean that different vendors have different quality specs that said Chinese factory must meet, not just put a different label on them and ship them to the USA. I've worked at two major manufacturers and have seen that a lot. Surprised me that between Porsche, a small airplane manufacturer, and Chrysler, all using the same product, Chrysler had the highest quality standards, and specs of the three, although they were all using the same part. So, we knew if a part would pass quality specs for Chrysler, it could ship to the other two and exceed quality standards.

What interests me is that the reviewer was comparing them to the Holosun, and pointing out differences, especially in the quality of the glass, improved water proofing and other new features. If his reviews are on the money, see the above paragraph.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Primary Arms on TOS said awhile back that they would be releasing an upgraded Holosun rebranded under their name.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Bobro mount with this package is $100.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    What really catches my eye, GOST, is all the "upgrades" they made. It's almost a total redesign. Moved battery, reviewer said glass looks great, and not seeing the emitter while looking through scope. I remember reading some reviews of the Holosun, and folks were concerned about the "blotch" they saw in the edge of the scope. They never identified what it was, and I think one of them said it was "sealant". Turns out it was the emitter. Improved water proofing is important to me, also. That and you couldn't use an ADM or other QD mount turned me off on even considering one.

With all the improvements they've made, at $169 I MIGHT give one a try. I'll put it on a rifle that is primarily designated as a "range" rifle and see what happens. Then again, I might not and just buy another H1. We'll see.... Sometimes I wish I could be a gear tester, so I could try before I buy...never happen though and probably for the best..
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The Bobro mount with this package is $100.
    That makes it even more tempting...
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im in the market to try a micro RDS , and am looking at cheap , like PA to a H1 and then you have the vortex sparc in the middle at about $180 and this new PA dot alone is $170 something shipped plus a good mount, now your high 200's...For me that seems too much, for me atleast for a who knows chinese or whatever Red dot...If it was cheaper i might try it...

I dont know...i just am tired of buying once then again because it just isnt worth it..lol...the whole buy once , cry once thing is the Truth..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had several P.A. Red dots, and they've all been worth the money spent. I'd say that if you're looking for a RDS and don't want to/can't spend the scratch for an Aimpoint, any of the Primary Arms sights are GTG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have two of their micro RDs and they're good considering their cost. I just wanted a sight to throw on. That being said, they've been great. You can see some internals though. Ill probably scoop one of these up on the next big sale like black friday or something. The best thing about this new one is the battery life. That's nice to have a sight you dont have to worry about battery for a couple of years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be trying one. Been wanting something with longer battery life for my AR and plan on putting my current PA Micro on my AK.

Spending $500+ on an optic is hard to justify at the moment.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    The relationship between Primary Arms and Holosun is very collaborative. We have not hid the relationship or the fact they make our new Micro. They have taken our lead on moving the battery to the side and using standard mounts, Early on we did spec out greater waterproofing and our own turret design. I believe they incorporated that into their latest as well. We have both available. We do not have auto shutoff. I do not like that in a optic but that is personal preference. The Hollosun has auto shutoff and auto awake and that allows for lifetime warranty. We went with no auto shutoff and a 3 year warranty. We are also $40 less. Your choice.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...s_p/md-ads.htm

https://www.primaryarms.com/Holosun_...t_p/hs403g.htm

Marshall Lerner
    CEO Primary Arms, LLC
    Last edited by marsh1; 8 October 2014 at 11:11. Reason: Update