Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

I'm glad to see you "get it".

If you need anything along the way, just hit me up. Sounds like you'll be just fine, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MDWS View Post
    FT,

I'm glad to see you "get it".

If you need anything along the way, just hit me up. Sounds like you'll be just fine, though.
    Got my 18" SS .277WLV Barrel today! Looks great Ordered an Aero Precision stripped Upper W/O forward assist, just need a dust cover. Still looking for the "just right" hand guard, something 15" or so, and some way to add a small rail section on the bottom for a bi pod. I'm just going to pull a BCG, CH and Lower off of another rifle, as a "loaner" for this one as it will be a dedicated varmint gun. Maybe some coyote hunting this winter, but probably next spring. Looking forward to this, maybe my last rifle.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    maybe my last rifle.

FT
    NO WAY...

FT, Try out the 15" FORCE Rail. Might be right up your alley.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    NO WAY...

FT, Try out the 15" FORCE Rail. Might be right up your alley.
    Yep there is never a last rifle...

The new gen 2 would work well

Downloads
    Uploads
    My suggestion on the rail are the 15" force rail or the 15" ALG Defense rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Yep there is never a last rifle...

The new gen 2 would work well
    Which Gen 2?
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Which Gen 2?
    http://www.revolvr.com/new-rainier-a...stem-15-0.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked at all 3 so far and the Gen 2, especially at 150 bucks, looks great. Since it won't see really "rough" handling as a dedicated varmint gun, I'm sure it would really be tough enough to handle the job. Lots of open space too, for good air flow and cooling.

Good Call...
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked at all 3 so far and the Gen 2, especially at 150 bucks, looks great. Since it won't see really "rough" handling as a dedicated varmint gun, I'm sure it would really be tough enough to handle the job. Lots of open space too, for good air flow and cooling.

Good Call...
    Yep I agree, you'll be hard pressed to find that quality of a rail at that price point. I have the original 12' an 7' force rails So far they are great. Feel great in the hand, light yet very sturdy feeling. I also like the "monolithic" appearance they give.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Out of curiousity, what powder(s) are you using to get this performance out of the 277?

I am looking at getting into this caliber. I load for 5.56 and 308, and while I hunt with the .308 it's a beast especially when suppressed. I'd like to build a lightweight .277 I can use my QD 7.62 can with when I want. Probably run a 2-7x power optic... Already building it in my head

Are you sourcing bullets locally or online? And the biggest thing for me is converting brass.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    FT, I was one of the first to get a 16" 277 WLV barre back in July. I have also done a lot of load development for it. The numbers are very impressive IMO.

I have pushed a 90gr GD to over 2800fps and my deer hunting load will be a 100gr accubond that I have been getting consistent averages of 2675fps. Grouping for both is sub MOA all day long.

I also have found a good plinking load that is a little slower, around 2550, but gives me .4" grouping at 100yds.

I know 90GD factory loaded ammo will be available shortly, ie being made as we speak. There are also plans on a factory 100gr accubond, however, I don't have an ETA on that.

The WLV has been performing well enough in actually considering selling all my 6.8 stuff. As you mentioned same mags and bolts just makes sense to me. In a lot of ways I think it's what the 6.8 should have been.

Let me know if I can help you in any way. If I don't know an answer, I'll go and find out.

Medic

Downloads
    Uploads
    In using 1680 to get the above velocities. A lot of other people are using 5744 and getting similar results. You can use 2200, RE7 and imr 4198 and get great accuracy but velocity isn't as good. You can buy formed brass from A couple of sponsors at the MDWS WLV forum if that makes it easier. Bullets I get online from various places. RMR had 90gr GD the other day and I have found 100gr AB overstock at Shooters pro shop for $18.45 per 50 which is a great price! Just look around and you'll find them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info!

I get some great accuracy with 4198 and my bolt .223 so I'm not a stranger to it...and I like having commonality/powder I can use in more than one gun.

I'll probably look at getting a few hundred pieces of formed brass to start just to make things easier on me...glad to know that's an option

I'm going to *try* to swing a .277 package as a Christmas present to myself this year so hopefully the wife plays ball. I was trying to talk her into another 5.56 can the other day with no luck lol

Downloads
    Uploads

.277 Wolverine for Varmit Gun

I'm the same way want a general commonality in majority of my powders as well. Slide on over to the forum and get aquatinted and good luck on the Christmas present

Downloads
    Uploads
    How much longer before there is commercially available .277 ammo?

Downloads
    Uploads

any day now... think he is having some trouble getting his website going...