Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Quite honestly Guinnesseb, I have been astounded. I have parts that came extra that I couldn't use and was told to sell them to help or go ahead and pass them forward. So, I'm passing them forward because I know someone who needs them to try to get his built on a tight budget.
    Awesome and glad to hear that you are going to help someone else out!! Its stuff like this that gives me a warm fuzzy for our society!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnesseb View Post
    Awesome and glad to hear that you are going to help someone else out!! Its stuff like this that gives me a warm fuzzy for our society!!!
    I like to do what I can. I've been chatting with him a lot in Facebook to help him know what he needs, where to get parts at the best prices and let him know what I learned from building the one I ended up having to sell. Some stuff he has so he got a jump start because he won some parts and tools. He just doesn't have money to buy the main stuff he needs - receivers, barrel, stock and BCG. So, I'll send him what I can that I know will help him.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's the threads on a 7.62x39 barrel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    All the ones I've seen are the same as standard 7.62 ar barrels, 5/8-24

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Yeah I figured it was 5/8 x 24, just checking to see what muzzle device Will plans to use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought my 7.62 x 39 barrel from YHM, and the thread was not 5/8"-24, it was 1/2"-36. I got my muzzle device from them so it was OK, but make sure of that when you get your barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the life of me I can not figure out why YHM uses a 9MM pattern brake on their 7.62x39 barrels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    5/8 x 24 UWone. I'll get the barrel from Tactical Ambush. No idea what muzzle device I use. Whatever I can find is what I've planned.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    5/8 x 24 UWone. I'll get the barrel from Tactical Ambush. No idea what muzzle device I use. Whatever I can find is what I've planned.
    Couple bucks more, but I think I'd rather go with the Faxon than the "tactical ambush" (not sure why but that name makes me laugh)

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/p/78/ar...carbine-length

I'll see what I have in the parts bin for muzzle devices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Tactical Ambush barrel is a nitrided barrel for $120 - that's a very good price. Also, There aren't many 10½" barrels available anywhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Tactical Ambush barrel is a nitrided barrel for $120 - that's a very good price. Also, There aren't many 10½" barrels available anywhere.
    Faxon is also nitride coated inside and out for $138.

More to a barrel than price. I know you're on a super tight budget... but who's ever heard of Tactical Ambush?

How do you afford to feed your guns?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Couple bucks more, but I think I'd rather go with the Faxon than the "tactical ambush" (not sure why but that name makes me laugh)

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/p/78/ar...carbine-length

I'll see what I have in the parts bin for muzzle devices.
    Speaking of them, I just realized their 10.5" 5.56 barrel is mid length gas. This common? Thought most were carbine... Hmm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of them, I just realized their 10.5" 5.56 barrel is mid length gas. This common? Thought most were carbine... Hmm
    Must be a misprint. The picture of the 10.5 clearly is a carbine gas barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Must be a misprint. The picture of the 10.5 clearly is a carbine gas barrel.
    Yeah. And the 7.62 you linked to is labeled carbine and it's clearly pistol length.

Looked up faxon barrels on AIMsurplus and the 7.62x39 is leveled as having 1/2-28 threads. Faxon needs to get their crap together. I have heard good reviews of their products, and likely their nitrided barrel is what's gonna be on my pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah. And the 7.62 you linked to is labeled carbine and it's clearly pistol length.

Looked up faxon barrels on AIMsurplus and the 7.62x39 is leveled as having 1/2-28 threads. Faxon needs to get their crap together. I have heard good reviews of their products, and likely their nitrided barrel is what's gonna be on my pistol.
    Yeah, their barrels are very high quality. Whomever is doing the editing on their website... I can't give him the same praise.