Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Faxon is also nitride coated inside and out for $138.

More to a barrel than price. I know you're on a super tight budget... but who's ever heard of Tactical Ambush?

How do you afford to feed your guns?
    Affording to feed my guns isn't easy. Then again, since I can't spend a lot buying ammo, I just don't get to shoot as much as I'd like. I didn't know about Tactical Ambush at all - I found them doing internet searches for barrels. I admit though that I do like the fact that the Faxon 10.5" barrels are carbine length gas systems. For $18, yep, I may very well buy theirs to have the carbine length gas system. i do have some 7.62 ammo that I bought back when I had my SKS that I traded for my 1911 .45. For my .45 I got lucky and picked up 400 rounds of ammo at a yard sale for $50 2 summers ago. 7.62 ammo is cheap cheap and that's part of the appeal for building this in 7.62 - plus I'd like to be able to shoot the 7.62 ammo I do have. I also have a friend up the valley who's loaded to the gills with 7.62 ammo.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    UWone, thanks for the info on those Faxon barrels. I'm going to go with one of them instead. I like that they are carbine length gas systems instead of pistol length too. I can't order one until next month some time, but one of those will be my Dad's Christmas present for me.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just so you guys know. I should have the lower completed possibly over the weekend and have it pinned to the upper as it is. I'll post a new pic as soon as that last couple parts get here generously donated by Josh.

This AR47 pistol will be as much WEVO's pistol as mine. Actually, more WEVO's than mine with that upper receiver from Sticks giveaway. There are extra parts being paid forwards too. Reminds me. I need to send Rob a message. Looks like he's not going to need much for a LPK and I know that will help him a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well if it's more WEVO's gun than yours, we all want visitation rights. We will talk amongst ourselves to figure out the holiday visits. And thank you for passing on some of the parts that you are getting doubled up on or not needing for this particular build. It would be quite a while getting this build finished without your help, and by proxy the help from the other guys here at WEVO. After job hunting for what felt like forever, digging out of that hole plus the holidays for my kids and my gf's kids now that I'm finally working steady, finding the extra money to burn is hit or miss on the best days. Unfortunately I'll miss hunting this year, but at least I'll have a chance to get really familiar w/ the ol blackout beauty over the summer and be ready for next fall.
    Last edited by RobSWVA; 20 November 2014 at 18:48.