Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a barrel nut that FortTom gave me , which I did not end up using as I went with a seekins rail . If you would like it , it's all yours ! Just pm if you need it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats man! That's awesome!

Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats ! and congrats to everyone who has won so far. awesome GAW by some AWESOME folks

Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats,
    hope to see it when your done

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfund20t View Post
    I have a barrel nut that FortTom gave me , which I did not end up using as I went with a seekins rail . If you would like it , it's all yours ! Just pm if you need it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know what I'll need for a barrel nut at this point. It's going to be a 7.62x39 pistol with a 10.5" barrel so the handguard and barrel nut are a few months off yet. It will be a free float railed handguard and most of them come with the barrel nut for them.

I'll keep everyone posted though.

Just installed the Magpul pistol grip on the lower receiver and the Magpul trigger guard that ducrider14 sent. Looks good. Found out I'll have to get a 2nd trigger guard roll pin too. The left over trigger guard I had from the DPMS kit only had one roll pin since the forward pin is a spring loaded pin in the trigger guard. I'll deal with that later.

So, here's it is now... something just a little more than a stripped lower receiver... Thank you ducrider14 - that was something unexpected. It WILL be staying on the final pistol.

Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One pin on the magpul guard should be a Allen head set screw if I'm not mistaken...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    One pin on the magpul guard should be a Allen head set screw if I'm not mistaken...
    Could be, I'm not sure. If it is, then it would be the forward pin. However, a standard roll pin does work there. I may have to cut the pin down just a tad with my dremel is all. I did find a Magpul pin set on fleabay for $1.99 so I may just go ahead and buy it. I have plenty of the pin still out to just pull it out. The forward one is a set screw in that pair.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, forward one should be a set screw. Someone on here may have one laying around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or just contact Magpul, they will send you one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'll try that UWone. Worst case is it'll cost $2.50 with a postage stamp. It does look good though. Not sure how far along they are with their move out of Colorado though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats

Congrats, WHSmithIV. Great story and great that you won what you needed. It's also great to see people offer to help out. I haven't started a build yet, but I'm looking forward to when I do. Looking forward to seeing what you build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously how cool is this forum? The community & support between strangers (used loosely) is incredible.

I know it's fun to think of expansive funds build etc. But dang if I don't want to see it with all the donated parts more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't wait to see this build =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You called that one right UWone. I sent Magpul a message to their sales dept. Got an e-mail back today that said they are sending me the roll pin and set screw. Very decent of them!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    You called that one right UWone. I sent Magpul a message to their sales dept. Got an e-mail back today that said they are sending me the roll pin and set screw. Very decent of them!
    Gotta love a company with good customer service. Those are the ones I go out of my way to deal with anymore...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun