Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Build Help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyValkyrie View Post
    I wouldn't shoot supersonic anything out of a can. Watched a guy I knew shoot 5.56 supersonic out of a 9mm can, didn't end well. The osprey however, is rated for 300 subsonic
    Pistol cans will handle supersonic 9mm just fine. And any rifle can will handle supersonic whatever caliber it's rated for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyValkyrie View Post
    Building an AR in 300Blk/Wsp. Started with a Mega billet lower, Cmmg lower parts kit, Magpul K2 grip, Phase 5 ebrv2, Odin Works xmr, and KNS mod ST anti walk pins. Have a mega trigger and billet upper, plus BAD enhanced pins on the way. Know for a fact I'm going with a geissele Mk8, more than likely getting an Ace hammer stock, and at some point upgrading the Mega to an Elftmann tactical service trigger. Planning on an SRC bcg and relia-bolt, Yankee Hill diamond fluted 16" barrel, and magpul pro sights. I've been told that my parts list is enough to let on that this is my first build, but I figure that I might as well go all out on something like this. My question though, is does this seem like a solid set up? shoul anything be changed? I'm pretty n00bish, so any help really would be awesome guys.
    As you get into putting it all together, ask questions if you aren't sure how to do any specific thing. We can help you put it together right. Do you have the necessary tools and a bench vice? You need upper and lower vice blocks, a roll pin punch set, a small ball peen hammer, vice grips, electrical tape, an armorers wrench (or a barrel nut wrench and castle nut wrench). That's pretty much it. There are LOTS of videos on Youtube that you should watch before you put it all together if you have never built an AR before. That's what I did. I watched them and learned. Lots of the videos are useless too. So, you have the watch the right ones. The rifle I built for $506 in parts worked flawlessly.
    -Will-

Edited:
    If you need a castle nut wrench for the butt stock castle nut, let me know. I have an extra one and I'll send it to you.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    As you get into putting it all together, ask questions if you aren't sure how to do any specific thing. We can help you put it together right. Do you have the necessary tools and a bench vice? You need upper and lower vice blocks, a roll pin punch set, a small ball peen hammer, vice grips, electrical tape, an armorers wrench (or a barrel nut wrench and castle nut wrench). That's pretty much it. There are LOTS of videos on Youtube that you should watch before you put it all together if you have never built an AR before. That's what I did. I watched them and learned. Lots of the videos are useless too. So, you have the watch the right ones. The rifle I built for $506 in parts worked flawlessly.
    -Will-

Edited:
    If you need a castle nut wrench for the butt stock castle nut, let me know. I have an extra one and I'll send it to you.
    I've got the lower and upper finished, minus the buffer tube back and anything forward of the receiver. Only had to use a hammer one time, for the roll pin on the bolt catch. Everything else I've just been able to pressure force into place. I've yet to torque anything, but I don't plan on it until I get my tools in the mail from midway.
    I do honestly feel like .300BLK is the future of the AR platform. I've done vast amounts of research into every piece that I buy for this build, and when I had gotten to which barrel I was going to get, I realized that I hadn't picked a caliber, and proceeded into my mid life crisis. But in the end I feel like the blackout is more for what I'm looking for. I decided on doing a super budget build after this in 5.56, and then .308.
    I do however want a Century C39.