Downloads
    Uploads

Sling configurations (which do you prefer)

cmb0311

Downloads
    Uploads
    It all started when I was in the USMC. Toting an M16A2 with a green or black adjustable sling. Not a very tactical sling but it would allow you to tighten it down, wrap it around your forearm a bit in order to stabilize the iron sights enough to place lead in the chest sized target at 500 yards away. On tactical missions I would try to modify the this sling with some tape, and 550 cord. It always worked pretty well and would definitely aid in mission accomplishment. Back in that time there was no such thing as one pt, single pt, three pt, quick adjust, QD etc. now I am having a hard time trying to find " the one". Although I think that I have found it now and placed my Magpul MS on EBay...I would like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

cmb0311

Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased this because I thought that it would be "the one". Shortly there after the QD version was released and I purchased the QD. I liked it but could not work the AR safety as smooth as I would have liked in the single pt configuration. I had to figure out how to eliminate the bulk near the safety.

I was and still am using the magpul UBR.

cmb0311

Downloads
    Uploads

Sling configurations (which do you prefer)

I like the Larue 2pt. It's just a rebranded VTAC sling but more importantly it has two QD's sewn in. Reasonably priced aswell think 55$.

Edit: also IWC makes an adaptor for this to make it a convertible 1 or 2 pt. I haven't got a chance to get it yet tho

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a LaRue Tactical Padded Sling on my M16A2. Have another on my semi auto LMT. My .300 Whisper sports a Troy padded VTAC.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Downloads
    Uploads
    Padded Blue Force VCAS with 2 QD's, and a burnsed socket that I rarely use.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Single point slings are all I can handle. I run the Tactical link Stealth Bungee sling. I tried a 2 point sling once and it drove me nuts, in fact I cant stand slings at all. The only reason I even use it is for transitioning to my pistol or when a malf. is costing me too much time and I need to get rounds down range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the Viking Tactics 2 point , non padded, sling with two QD's on each end (get high quality QD's). Its the same setup Defoor runs. I am a big fan in the two point mode. There are a few modifications video's floating around where you can turn it into a magpul style, one-to-two point and back sling. The material is very nice and I am a huge fan of them out in the open not doing CQB work.

For any type of urban/etc, any magpul sling will work. I have an original magpul sling that I had add paracord to because it ripped in a few places (first gen sling) great for indoor/cqb stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Single point slings are all I can handle. I run the Tactical link Stealth Bungee sling. I tried a 2 point sling once and it drove me nuts, in fact I cant stand slings at all. The only reason I even use it is for transitioning to my pistol or when a malf. is costing me too much time and I need to get rounds down range.
    I'm really not a big sling fan either but there is a place for them especially for transitioning to a secondary weapon/breaching tool, having to secure an individual or just standing around for a brief or taking a class.

I really liked the magpul until I went to a class. Had a hard time working around the QD with Magpul UBR in a single config.

cmb0311

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the padded VCAS with a tri-glide QD adapter, I can use it as a single point or a 2-point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a fan of the Savvy Sniper slings. It allows for both single and two-point use. I have two. One has two different ends sewn in. One for a QD when using it as a two point and an HK hook for my SLAP hook if using it as a single-point. This is the one I have: http://www.savvysniper.com/dualquad.html The slide is very easy to use and the owner Brian and his wife will make you anything you would like to have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to run a padded VCAS with sewn-in QD's I picked up from Grant at G&R. The only problem I had with the VCAS was that while the slider worked really well to tighten the sling, running the length out didn't work as well. I bought a LaRue- branded VTAC with dual QD's and quick-release buckle for my wife's rifle. I liked the slider on that sling (basically just an old ALICE ruck adjustment strap) enough that I ordered one for myself from SKD. I'll probably get another one for my new build. I also prefer to attach the sling to the end of my received vice the stock. I like the QD endplate from IWS. It's billet steel instead of aluminum, and I've found that it stakes much better than the standard aluminum end plates: http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...ns-components/

Downloads
    Uploads

I made this to try out. Quick slide adjust, attaches to the weapon with paracord.

cmb0311

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used 3-point slings (hated 'em)...single-point slings (hated 'em)...and 2-point slings. I prefer the padded VCAS with sewn-in swivels since I never use it with a plate carrier.