It was Christmas in my mailbox today. SLR Rifleworks M-LOK 14" Solo rail and my ADCO order of an AE AEM5 MDM arrived today. Additionally, I found a rifle length gas tube and a bitchin' low-pro gas block made by a [very] local machinist for under $40 (review to follow separately).

First the SLR Solo handguard... you know that moment in an adventure movie when the explorer opens some long-lost box and has the huge smile on his face with the orange glow of something obviously priceless glowing within the box? THAT is this handguard. It is absolutely superb and on par or exceeds any other rail in the same price point I've ever used/handled. The barrel nut system is perfect, too. Any wrench that can open to 1-1/4" will install it. A great design. These "common tool" barrel nuts are such a great idea!

Allen Engineering (as I understand it) was the manufacturer behind the OPS Inc brand name and now brands their own stuff in the absence of OPS Inc (correct me if I am wrong!) I am opting for a Mod 1-like-build so the OPS Inc 12th suppressor and 12th suppressor adapter are the thing to use. So here is the Allen Engineering AEMB for the M5 o.t.b. suppressor. It is (with collar and thread protector) $146 to my door from ADCO (super great to order from!). OPS Inc branded stuff would cost easily 50% more or greater.

And being the impatient person I am...everything fit together loosely just for show. The ACE stock is on the way and I am ordering an A.R.M.S. #38L-EX riser with built in rear BUIS. Glass is next and I'm undecided on that.

I talked to my local LGS and they can get Allen Engineering suppressors through their suppliers so I will be starting paperwork on one in the next month or so. This is the most extensive "purpose built" AR I've ever assembled. Quite awesome.

-Nate