Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vertical Grips

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran a Tango Down / ADM vertical grip for years. I found that i mainly used it for referencing my hand and didn't use it so much to drive the weapon. Now I use Knights URX panels w/ hand stops. I get a better reference for my hand and I feel more locked in to the gun for improved target to target driving. They're also significantly more low profile and don't add much weight and bulk to the gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice rifle. I've been thinking of getting one for some time and was wondering the pros/cons of using a full sized vert grip vs a stubby. Seems most of you prefer the stubby grips or hand stops.

What about material? Are there any benefits to plastic over aluminum or vice versa?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to use a beer can on the ledge of my hunting box to bring the fore end of my rifle up to a good level placement. After smashing all my monopods one slow afternoon and missing a 12 pointer I have since added a Magpul VFG for that purpose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    Anyone use the VTAC vertical grip? I've been really tempted by it, but for the price I haven't been willing to try it yet.
    I'm in the same boat. The flat front and sides were designed to allow the shooter to brace against something without it bouncing. It's also a bit longer than I prefer and while I could cut it, the price makes me cringe at hacking off the bottom.

I'm also not sure they make the original anymore. I don't need or want that dumb knob on the side. I have not had, and do not foresee being in a situation where I have to quickly install or remove my VFG.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That's kind of what I'm getting at. That is a LOT of minutiae for people to get wrapped up in. Up to a point it relates to ergonomics, and so in that respect it's important, but tracking after all these little nuances is likely wasted on the vast majority of buyers.

Further, without the trigger time to back it up, what might feel good in the living room may suck on the range.
    And I seriously doubt most shooters, even in LE or military circles ever will have the rounds down range to get a feel for what works best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    The Grip Stop is awesome. It is machined out of aluminum so it can also be used as a foot to press against barriers. Very comfortable as well. Here is one mounted on a Fathom Arms URG.

I really like that. I have a box full of VFGs... i was moving to progressively smaller foregrips as i went lol. I use the forearm out with thumb over the end of the rail type grip now so i dont see the need for it as much, but this grip stop looks like it would serve as a good grip stop basically. may have to check one out...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    I really like that. I have a box full of VFGs... i was moving to progressively smaller foregrips as i went lol. I use the forearm out with thumb over the end of the rail type grip now so i dont see the need for it as much, but this grip stop looks like it would serve as a good grip stop basically. may have to check one out...
    It's amazingly simple and extremely comfortable. A buddy forced me to check it out and I honestly don't know what took me so long.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really love the BCM keymod VG's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im not sure if im missing out, but have never tried a VFG yet ....

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to give them a shot. I keep giving handstops a try but keep going back to VFG's.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    nice to see some keymod VG's... time to drop my homemade MOE keymod jobbie and get a better one.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    It's amazingly simple and extremely comfortable. A buddy forced me to check it out and I honestly don't know what took me so long.
    I second this the Lanco grip stop is clutch. In NY no more foregrips so I experimented with every hand stop available and this one blew the others away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks... decided to order a Lanco grip stop for my SBR... see how well it does being cerakoted then test it out.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking of getting the magpul vfg. Cheap and seems well liked. Only problem is it will look terrible on my rifle..... not a real problem but I did go out of my way to make a very functional and good looking rifle... (I have a fortis REV rail)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried a VFG on my carbine and never liked it. I just switched to a midlength and I don't feel the need to add a VFG or a stop. The only thing on the rail is a light and a sling attachment. I am trying to keep this one clean and simple. I like a little open real estate to work with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I also use them to pull back. I've tried handstops but I like VFG's better. I've ordered the Unity Tactical VFG.

http://www.unitytactical.com/shop/direct-mount-vfg/
    Thanks for sharing that. Just so happens to be on an NSR with covers. (which is what I am using).
    I've trying to figure what I want to use. I liked having a VFG to use just as CarbonScoring depicted but have been looking at Lanco's Hand Stop too since I will want something on my pistol AR and would like to keep it as similar to my carbine as possible. Too many choices.

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/