Downloads
    Uploads

Pursuit of Knowledge

So I'm curious. I'm purchasing some stuff on Amazon, and I was wondering - are there any books worth buying - for the responsible gun owner, aka me?

I'm already planning on getting The Gun - CJ Chivers and Getting Started with Firearms in the US - Nick Leghorn.

Do you guys have any other book suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Green eyes and black rifles : warriors guide to the combat carbine by kyle lamb. Insane book for any ar lover. Covers pretty much everything on the ar. It will be a little higher in price, but worth every penny.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkb513 View Post
    Green eyes and black rifles : warriors guide to the combat carbine by kyle lamb. Insane book for any ar lover. Covers pretty much everything on the ar. It will be a little higher in price, but worth every penny.
    I'm all for AR books

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought those in depth silencer books to help generate ideas on doing a form1 can. The info is a bit dated now, but it was rather cool to read none the less.
    Maker of light mounts and other fine weapons accessories.

http://www.arsonmachine.com
    http://www.facebook.com/arsonmachine

Downloads
    Uploads
    To address the "responsible" part of your question: Defensive Use of Firearms by Stephen W. Wenger

You tube videos are a great resource. But research the posters and second-third source information. A lot of yahoos out there.

Massad Ayoob is THE expert on dealing with the police or courts. His site has links to many good books.
    http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about the classics?

No Second Place Winner, To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Tell the Truth?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    To address the "responsible" part of your question: Defensive Use of Firearms by Stephen W. Wenger

You tube videos are a great resource. But research the posters and second-third source information. A lot of yahoos out there.

Massad Ayoob is THE expert on dealing with the police or courts. His site has links to many good books.
    http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/
    This, I'm definitely interested in.

jim - those 2 sound like awesome books. Unfortunately for now, they have been wish-listed. Right now I'm more focused on the legal implications of using a firearms in self/home defense.

Arson - thanks for that. Definitely will come in handy whenever I start purchasing NFA items.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    This, I'm definitely interested in.

jim - those 2 sound like awesome books. Unfortunately for now, they have been wish-listed. Right now I'm more focused on the legal implications of using a firearms in self/home defense.

Arson - thanks for that. Definitely will come in handy whenever I start purchasing NFA items.
    make sure you research the home protection gun laws for your state. you may also want to contact a fun assoc. like the NRA or such to seer what info and resources they have available regarding home defense laws.
    My only fear is that when I die.... my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahaha - when you said "fun". But in all seriousness - good call, kinda overlooked the NRA approach.