Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Galaxy S5 vs Iphone 6

It's time for a new phone, having had both Android and Apple phones I prefer the android system and the GS5 is a killer phone. However to get the new GS5 it's $250 out of pocket, and Sprint is doing the unlimited iphone 6 deal for $70 a month with nothing down which is really tempting. Spec wise these two are pretty damn close with no obvious winner. So what do you guys think?
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ford vs dodge. Burger vs burrito. All depends on what you want and what you'll be doing with it. I have a s5 and have absolutely no complaints. I know apple just had problems with a update with their new operating system. It knocked out the phones network making it unable to make calls or text.

Apple also has the iPhone 6 plus. Which is pretty much a rip off of the Samsung notes.

But both the s5 and i6 are powerhouse phones with unique features all their own. I prefer Samsung. But you'll be happy with either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat. Our contract is up. We jumped to the Galaxy from iPhone with no regrets, but I think we'll be going with the new Note 4, which releases in the US this week. There were plenty of solid cases for the last versions to harden it, and it seems to do about everything the others do with a larger screen and some added features.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I preordered an iPhone 6 Plus from Sprint 4 weeks ago ($400+ out pocket). They quoted 3-4 weeks wait before I would get the phone. This past wed was 4 weeks and they still haven't gotten me my phone. I called to bitch and see what's up and they told me it could be another 4-6 weeks (8-10 weeks total).

So, if you want an iPhone 6 Plus right now from Sprint - it's not going to happen unless you're lucky enough to find a store that has one in stock. I'm pretty irritated right now with the entire situation.

As far as phone vs phone - I would say get whatever you like. They're all about the same thing. The Galaxy vs iPhone debate is pretty pointless to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been an iphone user for 6 years, and I'm about to make the switch. Nothing on this iphone is anything more than what android had 2 years ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just picked up a 128 GB iPhone 6. Been an iPhone user since the i4 first came out. I tried like hell to get the Verizon Store manager to talk me into a Samsung S5, but he refused. He said in my neck of the woods, I'd have better reception with the iPhone. So iPhone 6 it is!

Downloads
    Uploads
    A phone that's not on your list but definitely worth a look, HTC one m8.. wife has the s5 and I have the HTC, it has better camera, basically the same operating system, dosnt require a specific charger like ths s5 does, and a better screen. Plus duel front stereo speakers that are the loudest best sounding of any phone I've had

Downloads
    Uploads
    The S5 just uses a regular usb port for charging.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The s5 comes with a usb 3.0 adapter for charging and hooking up with a computer. But you can also use a mini USB charger. I use my old s3 charger on it at work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkb513 View Post
    Apple also has the iPhone 6 plus. Which is pretty much a rip off of the Samsung notes.

As opposed to the entire Android platform, or for that matter, the entire Samsung smartphone lineup, which is a ripoff of the entire Apple iOs platform.

Everybody rips everybody off these days, but when it comes to comsumer computer tech, there's Apple, and there's the companies that follow Apple's lead.

Not that a given Android iteration can't improve on a given Apple version, but it's still always follow-the-leader.
    Last edited by Hmac; 12 October 2014 at 18:10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an iPhone 5 now. I'll be upgrading to the 6 plus when the time comes. I am by no means an Apple fan boy, never even owned a Mac or iPod (still don't) before my 4s. However, to me, and I know this is very subjective, The iOs platform is the most user friendly to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Each platform has pros n cons. I used to be an iPhone user back when it was the 3GS. Moved to Android since then and couldn't be happier.
    I own MBP and iMac, i seriously admit i love their computers. But just not their tablets or phones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both are great phones. I went with the iPhone 6+ because of the optic image stabilization on the camera lens and the security of the Apple phones. The iPhone "should" be a more secure phone.
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked at the i6+ and that thing is HUGE!!! Absolutely meets the definition of "Phablet"...the regular 6 is plenty big enough for me. If I need a bigger screen I have an iPad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well last Monday I picked up the iphone 6, it is a nice phone for sure, and the camera is amazing. However today I was sitting on a chair and accidentally dropped it onto our wood floor and the screen cracked. This is from a measly 2 foot fall! I can't count how many times I dropped my galaxy without issue, and most were from greater heights. Im not impressed at all.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper