Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have seen them all break, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone. They all use the same gorilla glass made by Dow. Its really random on if and how it cracks. Gorilla glass is gorilla glass doesn't matter what phone you put it on. That like sayin the Goodyear tires on a Honda are better than the same Goodyear tires on a Suzuki doesn't make sense.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know, I thought they used different glass but I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I have seen them all break, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone. They all use the same gorilla glass made by Dow. Its really random on if and how it cracks. Gorilla glass is gorilla glass doesn't matter what phone you put it on. That like sayin the Goodyear tires on a Honda are better than the same Goodyear tires on a Suzuki doesn't make sense.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Nah. I've had iPhones every two years since the iPhone 3. I've never used a screen protector and the most elaborate case I've ever had on an iPhone has been a Magpul case. No breaks, no cracks, no problems. Of the many, many family members and friends with iPhones, my experience mirrors theirs...no screen issues. The hospital where I work is almost all iPhone for doctors and administrators....no screen issues, including the recent switchover by many to the iPhone 6.

Anyway, as long as we're swapping anecdotes. That's mine....
    There's a good chance that I just got a bad one, or it hit in the absolute wrong place.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    today I was sitting on a chair and accidentally dropped it onto our wood floor and the screen crackedt all.
    Sounds like something I would do. I always have a sturdy case on mine to minimize the possibility of damage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    There's a good chance that I just got a bad one, or it hit in the absolute wrong place.
    I suspect the latter scenario. When the iPhone 4 came out, somebody did some kind of drop study. IIRC, hitting square on one of the corners or exactly face-down was a bad thing.

Here's an interesting article on mobile phone screens... http://time.com/3377972/why-apple-di...phone-screens/