Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

M-Lok or Key Mod?

I have to say the I prefer M-lok. Just the way it looks, and the ease of installation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyValkyrie View Post
    I have to say the I prefer M-lok. Just the way it looks, and the ease of installation.
    Both are good, more a matter of personal preference really. Sounds like you need two rifles

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got both, though I haven't used the M-lok rail yet. They seems to be more or less the same to me as far as ease of use goes. Keymod has the advantage at the moment, simply because it's been out longer. It will be a better comparison in a year or so, once manufacturers have had a chance to develop some M-lok products.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you will see more manufactures going to M-LOK soon. It is much cheaper and easier to make M-LOK handguards.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    I've got both, though I haven't used the M-lok rail yet. They seems to be more or less the same to me as far as ease of use goes. Keymod has the advantage at the moment, simply because it's been out longer. It will be a better comparison in a year or so, once manufacturers have had a chance to develop some M-lok products.
    I think you're right. I have two Keymods now, and will be using another on a Varmint rifle. I really like them, and for now, everything I need is available for them. I don't own a M-lok, but as soon as Magpul announced it, there was a list a mile long of folks that were supporting that format and would be making M-Lok accessories.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    I think you will see more manufactures going to M-LOK soon. It is much cheaper and easier to make M-LOK handguards.
    I heard that Magpul is going to start making accessories that mount directly to m-lok rails, without the rail section.

Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Both are good, more a matter of personal preference really. Sounds like you need two rifles
    I think you may be on to something!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard that Magpul is going to start making accessories that mount directly to m-lok rails, without the rail section.
    That's pretty much the point of both systems. The rail sections were a necessary evil at first so rail-mounted accessories would still be of use to their owners. A mounting system for a mounting system leads to a weaker mounted part.
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I "read" over on ar15 where a magpul rep , had said recently that they have 20-25 m-lok products coming, there saying end of the year and before Shot next year....

Downloads
    Uploads
    If one of the standards proves to be able to actually work as a QD solution, I think that one will become the VHS to the other's Betamax. While I don't need/want to be able to QD every single thing on the handguard, both the light and the VFG are things that I'd like to be able to pull off easier than I can with any Keymod or M-Lok mounts I'm aware of right this minute.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope that's true. I'm not really a fan of having to add a rail section to add a component. I much prefer a direct mount to the rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If one of the standards proves to be able to actually work as a QD solution, I think that one will become the VHS to the other's Betamax. While I don't need/want to be able to QD every single thing on the handguard, both the light and the VFG are things that I'd like to be able to pull off easier than I can with any Keymod or M-Lok mounts I'm aware of right this minute.
    Refer to BCM's keymod vert grip.
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm have a keymod rail now, haven't played with MLOK, though I too prefer the MLOK look a little better.

If MLOK is as simple as keymod, either will be a great choice. I don't think I could ever go back to trying to put a screw through a hole, into another hole inside a tube with another tube (barrel) in the way... Haha.
    What a PITA.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevtec View Post
    Refer to BCM's keymod vert grip.
    Have it.

Unsat re: QD
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Picatinny FTW. Save me from the bullshit add on rails to install 99% of the components I own or are available. Use a standard drilling pattern for add on rails to satisfy the smooth rail demand and be done. Every couple years a new attachment method will be paraded out with much hoopla and yet the number one seller will still be add on Pic rails. Both these designs still have 0 potential for a solid tool-less attachment/removal method and that is a huge disadvantage IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Frankly I prefer M-lok simply for the look. I only need to attach a vertical grip and maybe a light mount, so most of the rail is exposed. I'm not a fan of panels on my handguards which leaves me no reason for the rest of the rail to look like it can accept attachments.

Another reason I love my Geissele Mk4.