Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You also need to take into account that 1 company may charge less for the more popular model (because they can make them in larger qty.), while another may charge less for the less popular (to try to boost sales). Since we know nothing about why any company is charging what they do, it's hard to make assumptions. What I do see though is both options are similarly priced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    You also need to take into account that 1 company may charge less for the more popular model (because they can make them in larger qty.), while another may charge less for the less popular (to try to boost sales). Since we know nothing about why any company is charging what they do, it's hard to make assumptions. What I do see though is both options are similarly priced.
    I emailed SLR and asked them about the price difference. They said that they make less of the MLOK (which goes to your point above) and that it's more machine time (which I find hard to believe).

In either case, we're talking about a $5 difference.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that does seem odd. From a machining perspective cutting the KeyMod or M-Lok slots are comparable until you have to come back through with another tool to do the KeyMod chamfer on the inside.

One thing it looks like SLR does is a chamfer on the M-Lok slots on the outside. This would be a tool change and add more time, but you'd be able to cut it much faster compared to the smaller tool that has to fit through the KeyMod slots to cut the reverse chamfer.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com