Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by xAZxE30x View Post
    Thank you for that great advice. Its nice to read hands on information. What do you use your mini primarily for? How many other cans do you have? I see most people say a mini purchase should be only a fun purchase and never your first
    FWIW, I have a 7.62 Mini SOCOM and it's "good enough" for me if I only had one can. Admittedly, I don't have a huge round count on mine yet, but so far I've run it on my SR-25 and a MK12. The .308 still has a bit of a snap to it. The MK12 sounds a lot like my legacy -212 (5.56) to my ear, so I don't notice a big difference. I've also shot it on a SR-15 for 20-30 rounds, and again, I didn't notice a big difference compared to a 5.56 can. On the SR-25, it's still quieter and "smoother" than without the can (I'm running a brake on it) so it's still improving my shooting experience in my mind.

I understand the argument about not making the Mini your first, but I would just make sure you know/understand what those people's priorities are that are saying that. However, if .300 Blackout is your goal (and I have no experience with that round), then sounds like UWone has some good gouge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by xAZxE30x View Post
    Thank you for that great advice. Its nice to read hands on information. What do you use your mini primarily for? How many other cans do you have? I see most people say a mini purchase should be only a fun purchase and never your first
    I have 13 cans total.

If I knew someone that knew what they were talking about to guide me when I first started on cans, I'd have a fraction of that total. Honestly, the SOCOM line in my opinion is a bit overrated. Maybe if I was a door kicker overseas that needed every ounce of performance and someone else was paying the bill sure.

However, to me the SOCOM line doesn't sound any quieter or have less blow back than my Legacy Can.

I have several full size 762 can's so I wanted to try out a 762 mini. I also had a bunch of uppers with SOCOM muzzle devices, so it made sense in my mind at the time. Like gator mentioned shooting 762 suppressed has a bit of a snap to it. The mini does fine on .308, but .308 is going to be loud no matter what. I think what people have to keep in mind is, is that there is no perfect can for all around use. You have to decide what round you're going to shoot the most and work around that.

There are lots of good suppressor manufacturers out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

However, to me the SOCOM line doesn't sound any quieter or have less blow back than my Legacy Can.

I have several full size 762 can's so I wanted to try out a 762 mini. I also had a bunch of uppers with SOCOM muzzle devices, so it made sense in my mind at the time. Like gator mentioned shooting 762 suppressed has a bit of a snap to it. The mini does fine on .308, but .308 is going to be loud no matter what. I think what people have to keep in mind is, is that there is no perfect can for all around use. You have to decide what round you're going to shoot the most and work around that.
    It's funny, I jumped on the SOCOM bandwagon because I could afford to and wanted to grab something in case 41p came to be. Since it's also compatible with the legacy mounts, it seemed like a no-brainer and now (once it/they get out of jail) I'll be set for a very long time without having to worry about shooting out a suppressor. But at the end of the day, I'm not sure I notice any difference between legacy and the SOCOM either. But in the meantime, I can continue to abuse my legacy -212 on my little MK18 and not feel too bad about it...I just can't bring myself to put a brake on that upper due to annoyance.