Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    ^^ I agree 100% I don't mind at all paying a little extra to get it right the first time.
    This is an impossibility. Can't happen. The only guy that's happy with everything he bought for his "build" the first time around is the guy that bought the parts to look at them (and even that guy quickly falls out of love with his baby because:MOAR!).

If you're looking to shoot the gun, buy a basic gun and go shoot it. The parts I use for a competition gun are going to be different than the parts you want for plinking on the farm.

As strange as it sounds, the most cost-eefective solution is to buy a factory gun and replace parts as-needed.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This is an impossibility. Can't happen. The only guy that's happy with everything he bought for his "build" the first time around is the guy that bought the parts to look at them (and even that guy quickly falls out of love with his baby because:MOAR!).

If you're looking to shoot the gun, buy a basic gun and go shoot it. The parts I use for a competition gun are going to be different than the parts you want for plinking on the farm.

As strange as it sounds, the most cost-eefective solution is to buy a factory gun and replace parts as-needed.
    Which is strangely what we had suggested months ago, but I think he had already purchased some parts? I can't recall.

When Colts are still $850ish, go buy 2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was suggested, and I seriously considered it for awhile, even went shopping and held a few. But since finding out we are pregnant, I just set a goal for myself to build the lower I won 2 years ago, learn the inner workings of it all and go from there.

Not trying to build the perfect gun my first time around, just a solid reliable one. Mods can come later, I've no doubt this will be my last.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    It was suggested, and I seriously considered it for awhile, even went shopping and held a few. But since finding out we are pregnant, I just set a goal for myself to build the lower I won 2 years ago, learn the inner workings of it all and go from there.

Not trying to build the perfect gun my first time around, just a solid reliable one. Mods can come later, I've no doubt this will be my last.
    I'm guessing you meant "I've no doubt this will NOT be my last". I'm going to give you props for looking at your personal big picture, and making the necessary adjustments to your plans to get it done. Will it be perfect the first go 'round? You already recognize that it won't. You also obviously realize that you don't have to buy all the latest "whale-jizz" encrusted parts to have a serviceable plinker. By adjusting your expectations to keep your build on track and moving forward you will LEARN about the gun platform in the process of building it. That's a perfect goal for your first build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah "not" my last...!

Thanks man