Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks CMMG is all I really know about, I can buy them here in town, but not with ambi controls

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a great thread. A lot of cool guys that are more than willing to help out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Unless you're a lefty, the ambi safety is the most worthless mod you can do. You'll simply never use it. It does look "tacticool" though!
    I disagree. While i am a lefty as a matter of fact, I know plenty of right handed guys that practice weak hand drills and other positions/variations that make the ambi very viable. It's just another option, so i say why not?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
    I disagree. While i am a lefty as a matter of fact, I know plenty of right handed guys that practice weak hand drills and other positions/variations that make the ambi very viable. It's just another option, so i say why not?
    Exactly. Also, at a lot of matches/comps they'll often have stages which force you to swap to weak hand, plus for some like me I'm one of the few that actually use my trigger finger for flipping the selector when I'm taking certain shots. I know it's weird, but it works for me and several others I know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
    This is a great thread. A lot of cool guys that are more than willing to help out
    It has been a big help to me, and others I'm sure. The knowledge here is a bit overwhelming at times, but I appreciate every bit of it.

I have shot enough to know the ambi safety is a must for me. Otherwise I can deal with a right handed gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    It has been a big help to me, and others I'm sure. The knowledge here is a bit overwhelming at times, but I appreciate every bit of it.

I have shot enough to know the ambi safety is a must for me. Otherwise I can deal with a right handed gun.
    Same here. I can "deal" with a right handed weapon, but why if i'm not forced too? If there's an option that makes manipulation and acquisition easier, then i say go for it. Work smarter, not harder

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did get to shoot one with an ambi safety this weekend. I loved it, it was a polymer gun though, it was very light but maybe a bit too light. I actually had trouble steadying it. A gun that light takes getting used to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok need an honest opinion. I'm very seriously looking at this upper from PSA. $300 fully assembled with free shipping. With iron sights I think it would be a good jumping off point to get the feel for things.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

Thanks in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    Ok need an honest opinion. I'm very seriously looking at this upper from PSA. $300 fully assembled with free shipping. With iron sights I think it would be a good jumping off point to get the feel for things.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

Thanks in advance!
    I would stay far far away from the PTAC line.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Really? Why is that?

What about the CHF?
    Last edited by KW900A; 3 January 2015 at 19:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I second that. You haven't seen sloppy until you've seen ptac. I've since quit getting any PSA parts, even tough I hade some stashed. The few components I had got gone very quickly. The difference could be seen and felt...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You get what you pay for. 299 for a complete upper, sheesh. But then again psa is home to the 39 dollar lower. Saving money in life is not a bad thing but cutting corners on gun parts may end up going really bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Unless you're a lefty, the ambi safety is the most worthless mod you can do. You'll simply never use it. It does look "tacticool" though!

People really do themselves a disservice and handicap themselves by only shooting on one side of their body. Training should be 50/50. Learn to be as proficient on one side as the other...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks, I was under the impression their stuff was better quality than that. Ill keep looking, or just buy a gun off the shelf.

Thought I was onto something. Oh well...