Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which BCG?

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Which BCG?

I am finishing up my Noveske Infidel build and need a BCG... I was have heard good things about BCM and Spikes NiB.. Does anyone have experience with the Noveske/ Rubber City BCGs? I don't know what to go with and could use some help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try our Enhanced Nitride BCG. We haven't let down anyone yet!
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fathom BCG's seem nice. Haven't used one. Never had a problem with my WMD NiB BCG's. Rainier phosphate is gtg, and I just bought a AIM surplus NiB for $100

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Fathom BCG's seem nice. Haven't used one. Never had a problem with my WMD NiB BCG's. Rainier phosphate is gtg, and I just bought a AIM surplus NiB for $100
    did you get the GEN I or GEN II ?? from AIM
    i herd that there GEN I had issues

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    did you get the GEN I or GEN II ?? from AIM
    i herd that there GEN I had issues
    The new one that thy are selling for $99. Just got it a few weeks ago so I assume gen 2.

AIM on top, WMD on bottom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fathom gets my vote

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have a spike BCG so far it is running really well
    i all so have a Umbrella Corporation BCG and so far no issues

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both Spikes and BCM have served me well, zero issues with either. You can't go wrong with both of those companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have Spikes, Fail Zero, BCM and Raineer Arms, The Raineer arms has been the only one to fail me yet. For a break in, it was well lubed, and seeing how Ni(B) the nickel in the mix will turn blueish purple, just like chrome pipes on a bike, mine looked completely black over half of the bolt. It also sticks, and I've put others in to see if the same conditions occurred in the same gun. The Ranieer Arms (at least the one I got, is going in the garbage, and I will be purchasing another Spikes or Fail Zero. I don't know who makes theirs (RA's) but mines a piece of crap. I'm not going to do a back and forth email campaign, sending it back for inspection or whatever. It just isn't worth my time or effort. My modus operandi, unless it's something very expensive, is just live and learn and don't buy from there again.

Now, I may be the only person on this forum that that has happened too. But with today's quality control engineers, and numerous testing, rigorous SPC, etc, it should have never got out of the plant. Your experience may be just fine. They (RA) are known for their quality parts, so make of it what you will.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I have Spikes, Fail Zero, BCM and Raineer Arms, The Raineer arms has been the only one to fail me yet. For a break in, it was well lubed, and seeing how Ni(B) the nickel in the mix will turn blueish purple, just like chrome pipes on a bike, mine looked completely black over half of the bolt. It also sticks, and I've put others in to see if the same conditions occurred in the same gun. The Ranieer Arms (at least the one I got, is going in the garbage, and I will be purchasing another Spikes or Fail Zero. I don't know who makes theirs (RA's) but mines a piece of crap. I'm not going to do a back and forth email campaign, sending it back for inspection or whatever. It just isn't worth my time or effort. My modus operandi, unless it's something very expensive, is just live and learn and don't buy from there again.

Now, I may be the only person on this forum that that has happened too. But with today's quality control engineers, and numerous testing, rigorous SPC, etc, it should have never got out of the plant. Your experience may be just fine. They (RA) are known for their quality parts, so make of it what you will.

FT
    FT,

Don't trash it. Send it over, and I'll make sure you get another one or a phosphate one. They had a bad batch.

Downloads
    Uploads

FT

I would send it back to them if its an issue. They have great customer service.

Downloads
    Uploads

FT
    Man do I not like hearing that! I hope mine doesn't end up like yours! Mine is taking on a black tone. I never knew it should take on a blue tone. I hope its not a sign! The gas rings look a tad more expanded than on my Noveske bolt and is a bit tight. Doesn't seem to stick though.

I hope you got it sorted with UWone77.
    Last edited by Aberration79; 23 December 2014 at 22:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post
    Man do I not like hearing that! I hope mine doesn't end up like yours! Mine is taking on a black tone. I never knew it should take on a blue tone. I hope its not a sign! The gas rings look a tad more expanded than on my Noveske bolt and is a bit tight. Doesn't seem to stick though.

I hope you got it sorted with UWone77.
    I've given FT my address to ship the BCG to, so I could personally have RA look it over and replace, refund, ect.

I have yet to see it in the mail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've given FT my address to ship the BCG to, so I could personally have RA look it over and replace, refund, ect.

I have yet to see it in the mail.
    Yes you did. I did appreciate it, but some time went by and I really didn't want to jerk around with it. The finish on the bolt was cooked, black and flaking. The gas rings looked screwed up too which I am guessing is what was causing the sticking. They were staggered, so I'm thinking that wasn't causing the gas "blow by". The Carrier looked fine though, so I put it up in the pay it forward area, and it was claimed in seconds. Replaced the whole thing with a Fail Zero BCG. Not a big deal. I just wanted the gun up and running, as it's one of my "go to" favorites.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by odmichael View Post
    Both Spikes and BCM have served me well, zero issues with either. You can't go wrong with both of those companies.
    I've only used BCM, but they've been top notch.