Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which BCG?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noveske orderd RCA BCG's during the panic, because they couldn't get BCG's through their usual channels, and customers were demanding them. When the panic subsided and channels opened up the RCA's started coming in. They sold out of their initial batch. More people asked for the RCA BCG's so they ordered more.

I don't think they're in any rush to keep it as a regular item as it's been taken off and on the website before.

There is a RCA BCG thread here where their CS wasn't up to snuff. I'd be wary of using RCA

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I have Spikes, Fail Zero, BCM and Raineer Arms, The Raineer arms has been the only one to fail me yet. For a break in, it was well lubed, and seeing how Ni(B) the nickel in the mix will turn blueish purple, just like chrome pipes on a bike, mine looked completely black over half of the bolt. It also sticks, and I've put others in to see if the same conditions occurred in the same gun. The Ranieer Arms (at least the one I got, is going in the garbage, and I will be purchasing another Spikes or Fail Zero. I don't know who makes theirs (RA's) but mines a piece of crap. I'm not going to do a back and forth email campaign, sending it back for inspection or whatever. It just isn't worth my time or effort. My modus operandi, unless it's something very expensive, is just live and learn and don't buy from there again.

Now, I may be the only person on this forum that that has happened too. But with today's quality control engineers, and numerous testing, rigorous SPC, etc, it should have never got out of the plant. Your experience may be just fine. They (RA) are known for their quality parts, so make of it what you will.

FT

I would send it back to them if its an issue. They have great customer service.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow - awesome post J. It was very informative. I knew about John passing away - but I never knew all that stuff that happened behind the scenes. It's interesting to compare the company then vs. now.

Thanks for sharing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Wow - awesome post J. It was very informative. I knew about John passing away - but I never knew all that stuff that happened behind the scenes. It's interesting to compare the company then vs. now.

Thanks for sharing.
    You're very welcome. When I got a bum deal on that SBR that had so many issues, I was thoroughly pissed. It takes a lot to hack me off as bad as that did, and I sold every Noveske item I had (other rifle, spare BCG, etc. etc. except for a hat hiding in my closet.)

However, since Noveske has reached out to me, apologized WITH NO EXCUSE, and taken full control of fixing the situation, my mood toward them has softened considerably. Yes, they sent me bad product. Yes, CS initially blew me off. No, there was no excuse for it---not did they try to make one when they reached out to me.

We are ALL HUMAN. We ALL MAKE ERRORS. Sometimes WE MAKE COMPOUNDING ERRORS. With the way Noveske has handled my situation, and with the way they accepted full liability for their product, I cannot in good conscience not share how I've been treated by the current company, Noveske.

I also cannot ignore the factors that led to this series of issues I had in the past. I feel that they are legitimate reasons for why what happened, happened. Are they justification for it? No. However, I try to analyze failures as best I can. I dug deeper, I pried, I contacted others in the industry and spoke to them. I talked to face shooters who work for NAVSEA. I did as much digging and reaching as I could, and in the post on the previous page, I shared as much as I can.

Someone once said "To know all is to forgive all". I don't know how true that is, but coupled with how Noveske is fixing my issues, owning their mistakes, and how well the Gen 3's are running, I wanted to share. I wanted to share what I could of what I know because I am a vocal person. If someone screws me over, there will be as much sharing as possible. If someone does me right---I try to be that 1 in 7 who will share THAT as well.

Noveske has done me right, and from every indicator I have, that company is in a good place, and going better places. Every time I have spoken to anyone there in the last few months, I have heard smiles. I have heard them volunteer positive thoughts about Tim Dillon and the direction of Noveske as a company. They are a relatively "small" American Home Grown business, and I see every indication that they make, and will continue to make a product that any American can be proud to claim as American Made. For that, I thank them, and want to see them succeed. I hope that sharing my train-wreck, and how Noveske put that train back on the tracks can help in some small way restore the faith of others in them like it did mine. They deserve a strong consideration for your business, if they offer a product that meets your needs.

Like every company, if anything new comes out, we will probably hear about it during SHOT. Whatever it is, sign me up for one after SHOT '15. Noveske has earned me back as a customer, and as someone who has something good to say about them for how they have treated me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want the absolute best BCG currently on the market, JP Enterprises.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAston View Post
    I'll take a traditionalist stance and say that the best BCG available is a Colt. Why? They are proven, and we know EXACTLY what to expect from them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The JP may be the prettiest, but it's hard to say best when they cost 3x's that of a regular.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The JP may be the prettiest, but it's hard to say best when they cost 3x's that of a regular.
    No one said best value. The JP is by far the best. It's not just looks either. Easily the smoothest feeling and shooting BCG I've ever used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously?

Do I pair it with an Enedine buffer for the ultimate in snake oil?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Seriously?

Do I pair it with an Enedine buffer for the ultimate in snake oil?
    Have you ever used one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you ever used one?
    I have. It turned a 20" rifle (I was using the rifle Enidine) into a single-shot.
    I have also used QPQ carriers, although not a JP. They worked well enough, but nothing special as compared to a broken-in phosphate bcg. JP uses a regular bolt, as well. Nothing special about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My rifles have either Colt, BCM, or FN bolts and carriers. They all serve me well. I know there are other great carriers out there, but I can't justify the added expense of some of them over the tried and true.

JGifford, thanks for the informative post. I didn't know that V7 was the old Noveske guys. I'm going to have to check them out.

ETA: Shameless Johnny PMAG plug. I bought some of these when they first released them. I didn't know John from Adam, but from what I've read he was a good guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Will@AR15Hunter View Post
    My rifles have either Colt, BCM, or FN bolts and carriers. They all serve me well. I know there are other great carriers out there, but I can't justify the added expense of some of them over the tried and true.

JGifford, thanks for the informative post. I didn't know that V7 was the old Noveske guys. I'm going to have to check them out.

ETA: Shameless Johnny PMAG plug. I bought some of these when they first released them. I didn't know John from Adam, but from what I've read he was a good guy.
    Maybe it was just me, but I found it amusing that Noveske has a 60 degree selector, and V7 has a 57 degree.

Whether the old Noveske guys left on their own or were shown the door is a matter of debate depending on who you talk to.

In any case, I'm still a Noveske Fan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

In any case, I'm still a Noveske Fan.
    I would still love to own one in a heart beat. However, they are out of my price range usually. I love their logo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Will@AR15Hunter View Post
    I would still love to own one in a heart beat. However, they are out of my price range usually. I love their logo.
    If you're in the market or will be down the line, I've seen some smoking deals on Noveske Uppers lately on the secondary market. Usually shot very little, but have a few marks. I was tempted last week as I saw a 10.5" LoPro with BCG/CH, and Noveske marked Troy Sights for $800.