Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which BCG?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If you're in the market or will be down the line, I've seen some smoking deals on Noveske Uppers lately on the secondary market. Usually shot very little, but have a few marks. I was tempted last week as I saw a 10.5" LoPro with BCG/CH, and Noveske marked Troy Sights for $800.
    Must resist :)

I'd love to have a 14.5" Afghan upper. I don't have any SBR'd lowers yet, so I can't run the shorties. I've shot a few AR pistols, which were OK. But, I'd rather have a "real" stock.

Downloads
    Uploads

Which BCG?

Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I have. It turned a 20" rifle (I was using the rifle Enidine) into a single-shot.
    I have also used QPQ carriers, although not a JP. They worked well enough, but nothing special as compared to a broken-in phosphate bcg. JP uses a regular bolt, as well. Nothing special about it.
    I wasn't referring to the enidine, agree that it's snake oil. The JP BCG is more than just the finish, it's got several subtle design changes. And it is available with an enhanced bolt. It's up to the end user to determine if the (admittedly small) return on a comparatively large investment is worth it or not. If you want the absolute best, JP is it. If you want the best value, there are plenty that will work just fine for a lot less money.
    Last edited by JoshAston; 16 October 2014 at 13:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to find a plain phosphate noveske bcg. Anyone seen one around for a good deal?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I'd like to find a plain phosphate noveske bcg. Anyone seen one around for a good deal?
    Since i own a couple Umbrella BCGs, i think they are more worth for the money than the Noveske's plain phospate ones. Just IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
    Since i own a couple Umbrella BCGs, i think they are more worth for the money than the Noveske's plain phospate ones. Just IMO.

I'm inclined to agree ;D

After I finish my current build I have a noveske build brewing and a phosphate noveske BCG would go good with it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noveske has plain phosphate on their website for $150.00 right now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Noveske is selling them for $150 on their website, but I don't know if they have any markings or not that show they are Noveske purchase, other than the receipt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's my understanding that if you want Nickel boron, there are a few things you ought to consider. First, a coating is different than what WMD and EXO do. They impregnate, not coat. Impregnation is far superior and preferred over coating. Second, the coating process can easily be screwed up even by reputable vendors, so be wary.
    The cheapest nib impregnated BCGs are from ICE arms, but be careful, there QC for their bolt carriers is practically nonexistent. I have personally received an LR-308 bcg from them so out of spec it was impossible to remove the bolt can without extreme torque.
    I think I had read somewhere that Spike's don't require any break-in, but that was years ago. I like them, they have never failed me.
    Last edited by ShiskaBob; 16 October 2014 at 16:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BCM has CMT semi-auto and full-auto BCGs for $130. I've never read anything bad about CMT's parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure but I believe that Noveske BCG's are CMT.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Not sure but I believe that Noveske BCG's are CMT.

I read that over on TOS as well, IIRC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAston View Post
    I wasn't referring to the enidine, agree that it's snake oil. The JP BCG is more than just the finish, it's got several subtle design changes. And it is available with an enhanced bolt. It's up to the end user to determine if the (admittedly small) return on a comparatively large investment is worth it or not. If you want the absolute best, JP is it. If you want the best value, there are plenty that will work just fine for a lot less money.
    I had a JP BCG and while it was very pretty I noticed no improvement in my rifles performance. I later sold it during the scare for a very good return. Their quality is great but in my experience there was no return from it in performance.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a rca black bcg from Noveske with a new rifle. It was a pos. after one moth I sold it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold bore miracle View Post
    I bought a rca black bcg from Noveske with a new rifle. It was a pos. after one moth I sold it.
    What exact issues did you note?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two things. First, most AR parts are manufactured by a select few companies. For example, I just bought a Bravo Company assembled upper. It has BCM laser markings, but an AERO Precision forging stamp. Aero Precision is the OEM for a lot of companies. Small parts are no different.

Wilson Combat is selling a phosphate BCG with an MPI bolt for $98.00 right now. Personally, I prefer the phosphate finish because it is designed to hold lubricant on the surface. It's not fancy, but it serves a purpose.

So, I would suggest checking out Aero Precision, Wilson Combat, or BCM. But for $98, you're not going to find a better deal than Wilson Combat.