Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Left hand upper reciever considderations

A friend of mine wants to do a build for his wife, who is left handed.

As far as I know, the only major considderations would be a left side ejection port and a lefty BCG. Am I missing any other major component?

Also, can you all reccomend some left-ejecting uppers? I know CMT is working on one but he wants to get the project done by christmas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CMT upper is going to be out by Mid-November, so there maybe time. They're only doing a limited run of 50, probably mainly through Rainier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Second choice would be Stag Arms. Go with CMT if you can wait.
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    My daughter is a lefty. I have honestly been considering simply doing ambidextrous controls and having her shoot a right handed AR. My cousin is right handed, left eye dominant and he has no problem shooting a right handed AR as a lefty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anybody have any info on theses guys ? http://lefthandrifles.com/
    They say they are left hand Noveske rifles which I have never heard of . If so are these modded by these guys or do they come from Noveske .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stag Arms has both the lefty upper receiver and the lefty BCG. Other than that you'd want ambidextrous safety, mag release and charging handle plus an extended bolt release. That would be it.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked into the stag uppers and their website says that they are only compatable with their proprietary lefty lower reciever. I don't really know why that would be the case, but I advised my friend to either call them or steer clear of the stag upper. Right now he is looking at an upper and BCG from a company called Red X something something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    I looked into the stag uppers and their website says that they are only compatable with their proprietary lefty lower reciever. I don't really know why that would be the case, but I advised my friend to either call them or steer clear of the stag upper. Right now he is looking at an upper and BCG from a company called Red X something something.
    Red X Arms out of Minnesota. I've had some dealings with them in the past and based on those experiences I won't be doing business with them in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just ordered the CMT UPER1-LH from Rainier Arms. They just listed them today.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm left handed and ambidextrous controls are more important than left hand ejection, for me. An ambi safety, mag release, and charging handle are must haves. Right side ejection really hasn't bothered me, the rounds are ejected well away from my head/face. If possible have your friend's wife try shooting a right hand eject AR and see how comfortable she is with it - and if it doesn't bother her, there will be a lot more options. If you do want left side ejection I'd also recommend the CMT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just FYI, CMT only produced 25 of these uppers, and they all went to Rainier. Unknown if they will produce them again and when.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Just FYI, CMT only produced 25 of these uppers, and they all went to Rainier. Unknown if they will produce them again and when.
    CMT's website says 'check back soon'....

https://www.cmttac.com/index.php?rou...product_id=132

Rainier has em for sure.

I am a righty but I have a friend who is left eye dominant who has been on the lookout for lefty AR's for a while now. This is perfect for him.

And for the record, I LOVE CMT. At this point if I was going to buy more uppers and lowers... odds are 99% to nothing they would be more CMT stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't see this earlier. Stag Left handed uppers only have one proprietary part, which is the bolt and carrier. The lower they sell on their lefty rifles are the same lowers the sell on their regular righties. I just put my Stag lefty upper on my STT-15 lower, no problems. The only completely proprietary system I am aware of is the Rock River LAR-15LH LEF-T. Everything looks like it's completely mirrored (except the mag release so it can accept standard mags).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Hmmm, should have bought 2, but I broke my December rule and bought me something. I can't be double bad, especially 2 days into the month.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FYSA, the guy that wanted to start the build decided to buy an xbox one instead, so the project has been put on hold indefinately :p

Glad we didn't have to end up going with Red X. It he ever wants to start this up again I'll probably just get in touch with Stag, to confirm if it will work with everything else.