Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
Comp, did you miss the "terminal ballsitics part? 5.56 isnt the right cartridge for 1000 yards, unless all you want to drill a .22 caliber hole in meat. If you want to ring steel at that range, fine - but this reticle clearly isn't designed for the paper-punching crowd.

Voodoo......I'm fine with 1-4 or 1-6 optics.....in fact it's they are my favorite scopes for the AR. And I agree about discrimination. But the PA reticle is specifically designed for ranging (based on a human sized/shaped object) and BDC out to 800 yards - I just don't see justification for me (as a civilian) to ever pull the trigger on a human at that range. If you have different needs, maybe this scope as designed would be great for you - its just not, as I say, on MY buy list.
I get where you're coming from, but who's to say you're not going to pull the trigger on a steel plate that's roughly 18" wide at an unknown yardage. Granted most targets are at a known yardage I think this reticle can apply to more than just human targets. I'm not saying there aren't better options out there, but at this price I don't think it's a bad option. Everyone has their ideas of what works for them and what doesn't, I honestly thought this was a bit cluttered when I saw digitally rendered illustrations of it, but looking down the tube I think it will serve well, especially in the 100-400 yard range, where I'll be using it.