Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Didn't shoot for groups today, but just sighted it in. So far, decent glass, appears to be well constructed, solid.

The illumination did cut out once during a string of fire, and the eye relief is a little unforgiving. So far, I like it. For $250, it's not too bad. Will have to shoot it more in the coming weeks.

Let us know how it goes. I'd like to pick one up but I'm still waiting on more reviews.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad I wasn't far off on my description UW. Not having any other variable optics even close to this type, I was reluctant to say this thing was the bees knees. Obviously if you can afford a high quality optic, you are going to get high quality. For $250 this scope is what I thought it would be. Decent glass, solid construction, crisp reticle (you mentioned the illumination going out, I didn't try the illuminating while I was shooting). There are a lot of optics out there in this class for 2-3x the price, but for $250, I won't complain one bit. If I can say the same about having this scope in three years, it'll be money well spent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Might be interested in one of these come Christmas time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I jumped on one and should have it next week. I have a Bobro mount to put it in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was seriously torn on the optic to go with for my AR 15. I wanted to stay true to the platform as a carbine but wanted to reach out to have fun at the local range. I would have loved a 1-10x but I just didnt want to spend the cash. I landed on the Primary Arms 1-6x because it seemed to offer the best of all Four worlds: Price, Close Combat, Long Range, Dimensions/weight. I came in just a few days ago and I shot it yesterday. I come from a background of using high quality glass on big bore hunting rifles and I was very surprised at how clear the Primary Arms scope was. I almost immediately had buyers remorse on the $1,000+ scopes I own in regards to the clarity of the image. The eye relief was better then most scopes I've seen typically mounted on ARs which was nice. The build quality was typical..nothing special but also didnt feel cheesy either. The windage/elev. turrets had a nice positive feel - some cheap scopes have play in the turrets. It comes with flip up lens covers which were the most disappointing part. The just didnt work well and the rear one kept calling off. Easily fixed with a $20 after market pair.

At the range, I noticed how light the AR was with this scope. The reticle was nice and clear but I did lose it in shadows. The illumination helps. Sighting the scope in was the typical chore you would expect. The scope held zero just fine. The reticle for distance shooting was actually intuitive. I ended up liking the lack of traditional cross hairs. At 100yrds 6x wasnt enough for me to see my 5.56 bullet holes on white paper. I had two solves. 1) my spotting scope but that was just a pain to take a few shots and look to see where I was hitting. 2) Splatter targets! you know, the ones that change colors where you hit them. No problem seeing those at 6x.

In general, I could not find a scope that offered what the Primary Arms 1-6 does for the price (or even within $100) especially after seeing through it and using it. I especially like the form & fit factor of this scope on the AR platform in general. It's relatively light, offers high magnification for it's weight (and price) and build quality is there to support my decision to keep it on my rifle until they come out with a 1-10x which I would hope beats the market like the 1-6 seems to do in my opinion. I'd recommend to a friend :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    ADM is having a sale right now and they have PA's 1-6x in stock. Trying to figure out if I should do it or not. How are these holding up so far for everyone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    ADM is having a sale right now and they have PA's 1-6x in stock. Trying to figure out if I should do it or not. How are these holding up so far for everyone?
    Only used mine on two outings, but mine is doing well. Held zero in the case just fine, and still works as advertised.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the tip on American Defense 10% sale. Ordered this Primary Arms 1-6 scope w Recon-X mount combo. Got the extended mount to move scope up a bit. Hope its not too far up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vongkingco View Post
    Thanks for the tip on American Defense 10% sale. Ordered this Primary Arms 1-6 scope w Recon-X mount combo. Got the extended mount to move scope up a bit. Hope its not too far up.
    You should be GTG. Can move the mount all the way back on the upper if need be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still can't decide if I want to give the 1-6 a shot or if I should opt for the capacity of the 4-14x FFP with the ACSS reticle. I know if they made a 1-8 or 2.5-10x Id be all over it. Vortex and NF make a 2.5-10x32 for $800-$1200....a little out of range at the current moment due to ongoing build and wanting another suppressor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I still can't decide if I want to give the 1-6 a shot or if I should opt for the capacity of the 4-14x FFP with the ACSS reticle. I know if they made a 1-8 or 2.5-10x Id be all over it. Vortex and NF make a 2.5-10x32 for $800-$1200....a little out of range at the current moment due to ongoing build and wanting another suppressor.
    The 4-14 seems ideal, but that reticle is too busy for my liking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    The 4-14 seems ideal, but that reticle is too busy for my liking.
    Haven't made up my mind if I want to stick with mils that I'm familiar with or try something new.

I like my ACOG, that once zeroed at 100, takes all the guess work out of it and is precise as hell. Shot a deer in the head Saturday at 150 without much effort, and that was with a fixed 3.5x and 16" Rainier barrel. With an 18" Ultramatch and a 4-14x...lots of potential

But you are right, i do like being able to see through the scope and not have too much "clutter". We shall see. Gotta get the barrel first then the optic

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'd rather have the PA fixed 4x for my 14.5 Noveske. I've never been fond of true 1x scopes because their NOT rds (no matter what u read on arf) and the field of view is much smaller compared to a traditional scope.

Just my opinion though. Don't flame me :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vongkingco View Post
    I finally got a chance to shoot with this 1-6X Primary Arms scope. Its pretty damn good. Easy to sight in (I used a laser bore sight, indoors, just to get it close) This scope was consistently accurate at 100 yards and fun to shoot with. I definitely like this scope.
    I have this Primary Arms 1-6x scope on a Aero Precision forged upper & lower with Daniel Defense 18" CMV barrel & Parrallax Tactical 15" FSSR rail.
    Last edited by vongkingco; 5 April 2015 at 17:42.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads

I finally got mine and my ADM Scout mount. I shot it today and it didn't fall apart. Have not gone long range or anything.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.