Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Awesome! Very informative!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Awesome! Very informative!

The man knows his stuff, and I zero every rifle I have, irons and optics alike, to that spec.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the moment I have been waiting for! Shot this rifle today, finally. The rifle is awesome, this BHW barrel is far more accurate than I am. And this Geissele trigger is incredible.

Now on to the scope. As previously stated, the glass is clear. After finally getting it out into the field and using it, there is little, if not no haziness around the edges. The reticle is very clear and the perfect size. Didnt try the illumination in the daylight, honestly didnt think about it. The scope zeroed very easily, and 5 shots had my on the bull at 25yds. All shots taken off of a sandbag which was sitting on top of my pistol case.

Voodoo asked about the eye box at 1x and 6x. I didnt notice that it shrunk any between magnifications. PA says 4.5" relief at 1x and 4" at 6x, seems to be pretty close to me. After initially thinking the Aero mount I bought kept the scope too far back, I am now retracting that statement. When I'm on the bench or prone I get the correct amount of relief just letting my cheek fall in its natural position. The one thing I did mind, and it may just be personal preference, the back flip cap put a bit too big of a black ring around the scope. Pulled it completely off and it made a world of difference.

Overall, I think this scope is a really exceptional value for $269. Mated with the Aero mount It comes in at a hair over 19oz, which I feel is pretty manageable. The clicks and magnification manipulation are smooth and positive, and the reticle was very easy to acquire and use. If you guys have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

On to the shooting.

Mind you, the first 2 targets, initial zero at 25 and the zero at 100 were shot with 55gr FMJ .223 bulk pack from Dick's, plinking loads at best.

5 shots and it was on at 25yds, each shot is labeled by number which they were fired. Dont mind number 2, my stupid self dialed left not right. 55gr .223 plinking loads.

10 more shots of 55gr plinking ammo at 100yds to dial it in.

After initial 100yd zero I switched over to 55gr Hornady VMAX factory loads, much better accuracy. Up to 77gr and I should be cooking with crisco. This is the first 5 shots at 100yds with the 55gr VMAX.

Second 5 shots @100 with 55gr VMAX.

And this was a random target that another guy left at 50yds that I shot my final 5 rounds of VMAX at. I admittedly pulled the 5th shot, bottom left.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks solid. Ive been needing a sight for my blackout when i coyote hunt with it. this looks like it would fit the bill nicely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Looks solid. Ive been needing a sight for my blackout when i coyote hunt with it. this looks like it would fit the bill nicely.
    Keep in mind this reticle is calibrated for .223. PA also has this scope in a .300blk model on the way, but no word of release.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great review.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great review, picked one up myself to try out because of it. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wish I could be more thorough. I've never really done this type of thing. If you guys have anymore questions is be glad to answer if possible. Can't wait to hear your impressions UW. I'm gonna cook up some 69 and 77gr loads as soon as I find some varget or TAC powder, and see what this BHW barrel likes most.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Great review, picked one up myself to try out because of it. Thanks.
    I see rainier has some now....Hummm....

Downloads
    Uploads
    awesome, thanks for taking the time to post this up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great review. I've been following these for quite some time but just haven't taken the plunge. Interested to see more reviews.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely looks very nice for the price.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got got! Rainier has em for $256. Oh well. I'm certain I can tighten up my 100yd groups with better ammo and more time at the range. I only shot 3 groups. This weekend I'm gonna try and close em up a bit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't shoot for groups today, but just sighted it in. So far, decent glass, appears to be well constructed, solid.

The illumination did cut out once during a string of fire, and the eye relief is a little unforgiving. So far, I like it. For $250, it's not too bad. Will have to shoot it more in the coming weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice writeup Ride4frnt. I've been impressed with PA's cost to durability on their products. I would like to try one