Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I would like to see reviews from Rob_S and Voodooman also.
    This.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I look at a new product the first thing I look for is durability and the possible downsides to running it on my rifle, since manufacturers already have all the positives posted with their product as their selling points. I run my gear hard and it definitely takes a lot of abuse since my carbine course is set out on some pretty rough terrain. My first concern is the strength of the unit since a lot of material is removed to achieve the light weight status. How will it handle a serious drop test and being banged against barriers and such. Another is the open design may allow debris to collect under the sight and may get snagged on branches or my gear. I am not trying to devaluate it, just putting out an objective view and voicing initial concerns. I guess my philosophy on rifle products is "would I take this into combat?" Anyways, welcome to the forum and its great to see new innovative products like yours come to the marketplace.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm actually very interested in these mounts. I find the price a little high, however, my interests come from the fact that I've caught ADM and Larue levers in things, and I appreciate the reduced weight and cost of the Daniel Defense, but I would prefer this mount for thenpotential QD without levers, similar weight to the DD, but also available in absolute cowitness, which I prefer on the micros but which is not available from DD.

I'm actually trying to sell three throwlever mounts right now, but I recently realized that I don't even have a Micro in the parts bin anymore. I should probably buy an H-1 just to have.

One question on the Sclarworks mount, does it take the factory Aimpoint screws like the ADM and DD or does it require proprietary screws like the Larue?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Hey thanks for signing up and joining us Scalarworks. I changed your status to Manufacturer and hopefully you'll stick around to post new products and give us some insight.
    Thanks! We really appreciate it. Hopefully we can get a couple of mounts out to your members in the second round of the 100k giveaway.
    Last edited by Scalarworks; 19 October 2014 at 13:04.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://scalarworks.com 1-844-556-1913

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for participating in the giveaway, maybe I'll get lucky.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    When I look at a new product the first thing I look for is durability
    Thanks, Stone. We couldn't agree with you more with respect to durability. We only removed material from the LDM which didn't contribute significantly to the strength of the base; This left 4 pillars on the periphery of the mount where the highest torsional stresses develop. The bulk of the LDM's mass was concentrated at the bottom of the mount where the highest bending stresses happen due to leverage. We also minimized stress risers throughout the LDM by using generous internal radii. All of this was validated incrementally using FEA (Finite Element Analysis) as the design & development process progressed. These are just some of the things we did to make sure the LDM/Micro was a mount that would let you have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    One question on the Sclarworks mount, does it take the factory Aimpoint screws like the ADM and DD or does it require proprietary screws like the Larue?
    That's a great question. Not only does it use the factory Aimpoint Screws but we actually include a set with every mount. We think its important to use the original spec black coated stainless T9 Torx screws Aimpoint ships with the Micro. We know how hard the originals are to come by if you lose one.
    Last edited by Scalarworks; 20 October 2014 at 20:37.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any chance you could post a video on your site demonstrating the operation of the thumbwheel with the detent?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Any chance you could post a video on your site demonstrating the operation of the thumbwheel with the detent?
    We've started working on an installation video. Subscribe to our youtube channel to be first to know when it's out.
    Last edited by Scalarworks; 19 October 2014 at 19:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ended up ordering one last night. I really like the idea of the thumb screw. As much as I like ADM mounts, the levers do stick out a bit and can snag on other gear/clothes.

Scalarworks, any plans on standard scope mounts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    I ended up ordering one last night. I really like the idea of the thumb screw. As much as I like ADM mounts, the levers do stick out a bit and can snag on other gear/clothes.

Sounds like there will be some more nice pics a coming.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post

Thanks for your order. You'll have your LDM/Micro by Wednesday. We can't wait to see your instagram pics!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So very tempting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by harm View Post
    So very tempting.
    give in, order one...all the cool kids are doing it...just one won't hurt...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    Thanks for your order. You'll have your LDM/Micro by Wednesday. We can't wait to see your instagram pics!
    Excellent. I'm planning on sighting-in my Mega build on Friday, so I'll be able to get your mount on my BCM and do the same for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Sounds like there will be some more nice pics a coming.
    Oh, I'm sure there will be something soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have a bad feeling I'll be ordering one next week when I get back from vacation.
    flickr
    facebook