Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Yeah, I like the intro sound better than the foghorn, now that I've heard them both. :)

Great video. Shows just how well the mount works!

Thanks, Will. It'll do for now ;-)
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://scalarworks.com 1-844-556-1913

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of the myriad of products dropping almost daily for the AR platform, this interests me greatly. Is it really worth ditching my ADM mount for? I really dig the entire design of it, nice job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    We're pleased to announce that Rainier Arms is now an authorized Scalarworks dealer.

They've got both co-witness heights for the LDM/Micro in stock and reday to ship. They'll also be a stocking dealer for the improved BOR/RMR which is compatible with most drilled/tapped Benelli tactical receivers once those ship in a few weeks.

http://www.rainierarms.com/scalarworks-ldm-micro

What a stoopid awesome setup for testing POI shift! Color me impressed! I'm actually tempted to buy one of these mounts, and I'm a whore for Bobro's stuff!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, alright...I ordered one. Should be here tomorrow. Just to clarify, I expect <1MOA POI shift at 100 yards. Typically, I shoot around 1-1.5MOA at 100 with my Daniel Defense/T2, and expect to not notice any shift taking it off/putting it on, etc. And I won't be "counting clicks". I'll just tighten until it's tight...will this meet my standards? Maybe too late, since I ordered it, but I had to...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Alright, alright...I ordered one. Should be here tomorrow. Just to clarify, I expect <1MOA POI shift at 100 yards. Typically, I shoot around 1-1.5MOA at 100 with my Daniel Defense/T2, and expect to not notice any shift taking it off/putting it on, etc. And I won't be "counting clicks". I'll just tighten until it's tight...will this meet my standards? Maybe too late, since I ordered it, but I had to...
    I index mine with a paint pen, but the return-to-zero test video with a scar 17 showed you can just tighten until it's tight, and be fine.

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got it. Very impressed so far! Have you ever noted that over time you need to add a click or two to maintain initial resistance as to when you first put it on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got it. Very impressed so far!
    Glad you like it so far.

Have you ever noted that over time you need to add a click or two to maintain initial resistance as to when you first put it on?
    No sir. At the very most, your particular rail width (they all vary by a small amount as man made objects tend to) may cause the ball-detent to land on a peak rather than in a valley when hand tight. This will cause the ball to drop at most 1 click after your very first shot and remain there for the life of the mount. The built in tension mechanism will accommodate 1 click with ease (it will actually remain under tension even if you were to undo it by up to 10 clicks = half a full turn of the wheel!).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you like it so far.

No sir. At the very most, your particular rail width (they all vary by a small amount as man made objects tend to) may cause the ball-detent to land on a peak rather than in a valley when hand tight. This will cause the ball to drop at most 1 click after your very first shot and remain there for the life of the mount. The built in tension mechanism will accommodate 1 click with ease (it will actually remain under tension even if you were to undo it by up to 10 clicks = half a full turn of the wheel!).
    Impressive!

Yes, I am very pleased. I took off a Bobro lower 1/3 CW because it just seriously bothered me that the mount weighed more than the optic.

Will a few ounces make my rifle feel like a feather in comparison? No. But I also prefer your method of tension to the Bobro springs. It's the SHTF Zombie Hunter in me that doesn't trust a spring that is exposed to elements and all. Also, I really like that it won't dig into me when the weapon is slung. Machine work looks AT LEAST as good as the Bobro. My only negative is that it's slower to attach/remove, but I knew that buying it, and it's not like it takes a long time. It's exactly what I had hoped it would be, so far. Granted I have not field tested yet, but I can't see why it wouldn't maintain zero when Aimpoint's QRP mount maintains zero. Same concept. Even my DD mounts on my T1 maintained zero when I removed them/replaced them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Impressive!

Yes, I am very pleased. I took off a Bobro lower 1/3 CW because it just seriously bothered me that the mount weighed more than the optic.

Will a few ounces make my rifle feel like a feather in comparison? No. But I also prefer your method of tension to the Bobro springs. It's the SHTF Zombie Hunter in me that doesn't trust a spring that is exposed to elements and all. Also, I really like that it won't dig into me when the weapon is slung. Machine work looks AT LEAST as good as the Bobro. My only negative is that it's slower to attach/remove, but I knew that buying it, and it's not like it takes a long time. It's exactly what I had hoped it would be, so far. Granted I have not field tested yet, but I can't see why it wouldn't maintain zero when Aimpoint's QRP mount maintains zero. Same concept. Even my DD mounts on my T1 maintained zero when I removed them/replaced them.
    Thanks! We've tried them all and that's how we felt as well. It's what drove us to design the LDM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! We've tried them all and that's how we felt as well. It's what drove us to design the LDM.
    Well, color me impressed. My Bobro is now up for sale, and if I buy another T2, I'll add a LDM to it, as well.

Has anyone really beaten the snot out of them operationally or in a high round-count environment yet? Paul Hotaling, Rogers, Lamb, etc?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, color me impressed. My Bobro is now up for sale, and if I buy another T2, I'll add a LDM to it, as well.
    Check out our optic packages to get a deal on a T-2. We hope to have them back in stock by September.

Has anyone really beaten the snot out of them operationally or in a high round-count environment yet? Paul Hotaling, Rogers, Lamb, etc?
    Haley Strategic are running them and so is Larry Vickers on the training side of things. As for in the field we know of at least one LDM/Micro scratching off ISIL d-bags in Iraq. There are certainly more of both that we don't know of yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out our optic packages to get a deal on a T-2. We hope to have them back in stock by September.

Haley Strategic are running them and so is Larry Vickers on the training side of things. As for in the field we know of at least one LDM/Micro scratching off ISIL d-bags in Iraq. There are certainly more of both that we don't know of yet.
    Good stuff!

I'll buy the mount separate, likely.
    Last edited by JGifford; 18 June 2015 at 05:47.

Downloads
    Uploads
    50 yards. M193. Aimpoint t2 in your mount backed by a G33 magnifier. Left group was all shot at once. Right was shot coming off the gun and loosening and then sliding and then Re indexing, tightening, and firing each shot. Purposely the knob tension was varied a click or two each time. 10 shots per group. Bottom hole on the left seems to be a double. Centers of each seem stable. I'm very pleased.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for pics JGifford. Very impressive for QD mount that weighs that little.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    50 yards. M193. Aimpoint t2 in your mount backed by a G33 magnifier. Left group was all shot at once. Right was shot coming off the gun and loosening and then sliding and then Re indexing, tightening, and firing each shot. Purposely the knob tension was varied a click or two each time. 10 shots per group. Bottom hole on the left seems to be a double. Centers of each seem stable. I'm very pleased.
    Very nice! Thanks for posting this.