Aero Precision Blem Upper $40.00
    MAS Defense 16" Barrel $130.00
    SOTA Arms 7.62x39 BCG $100.00
    Strike Industries AR Mega Fin 15" Keymod $160.00
    Gas Block and Gas Tube $30.00
    Strike Industries Charging Handle Extended Latch $30.00
    PWS FSC 30 $100.00
    AR15 7.62x39 5rd Stainless Steel Mag x2 $28.00

Roughly a $800 build as of right now but I will be waiting for black Friday to try and pick up some things on sale and try and get this under $650.
    Pulled the idea and most of the parts from Tactical Lumberjack blog.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 27 October 2014 at 05:13. Reason: Update Parts List and Price
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a similar price list to what I put together for the 7.62x39 pistol I'm building. I'll be using a 10.5" nitrided barrel on the pistol build. Hope to be able to buy it at Christmas time. It has certainly helped the cause that I won one of the Right to Bear Arms & Supply upper receivers from Stick's giveaway. You might want to look at the Strike Industries 15" Megafins keymod rail. It's $30 cheaper than the Evo rail. That would save you a little in the budget. SOTA Arms has a complete 7.62x39 BCG for 99.99. that saves you a little more too..
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IF you're going to shoot steel case, i would find an enhanced firing pin. It will aid in the primer strikes. ACS 20rnd mags are the sh*t too!
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    IF you're going to shoot steel case, i would find an enhanced firing pin. It will aid in the primer strikes. ACS 20rnd mags are the sh*t too!
    eldogg - the ACS 20 round mags seem to be quite hard to find. 30 round ones are available though. I haven't decided on mags yet but I do have a line on steel mags that are $37 each shipped. Kind of pricey. Just for testing though, standard P-mags can be loaded with 8 rounds of 7.62x39 and will work. I know a guy who loads 10 rounds in his.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks eldogg. Those 20 round FDE mags are what I want to get. Maybe one 30 round mag too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Computalotapus, looks like you're going to have a fine build. i really enjoy mine, especially with the current ammo prices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks fellas for the heads ups on options. Switched out the rail and BCG as suggested. I will look at an enhanced firing pin as well. This is mainly going to be a hunting rifle that is why I picked the 5 round mags.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to this build at fruition. I've always had an intrigue for 7.62x39 AR builds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Thanks fellas for the heads ups on options. Switched out the rail and BCG as suggested. I will look at an enhanced firing pin as well. This is mainly going to be a hunting rifle that is why I picked the 5 round mags.
    I'm good at finding parts at good prices. I have a list of many and of manufacturers that have good stuff at good prices. Rather than that $45.00 charging handle, take a look at the Strike Industries ARCH charging handle. It's $20 and if you included it at the same time as buying their handguard they'd both ship likely for the same shipping cost. Where are you planning on getting the barrel from?

Tactical Ambush has 16" nitride coated 7.62x39 barrels for $120
    http://www.tacticalambush.com/Ar15-7...sh-_p_251.html
    Last edited by WHSmithIV; 18 October 2014 at 13:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    I'm good at finding parts at good prices. I have a list of many and of manufacturers that have good stuff at good prices. Rather than that $45.00 charging handle, take a look at the Strike Industries ARCH charging handle. It's $20 and if you included it at the same time as buying their handguard they'd both ship likely for the same shipping cost. Where are you planning on getting the barrel from?

Tactical Ambush has 16" nitride coated 7.62x39 barrels for $120
    http://www.tacticalambush.com/Ar15-7...sh-_p_251.html
    Cool deal updated the OP this gets the base down to $685 roughly before shipping costs come in. Not a bad budget build
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a note - do yourself a favor before you install your barrel. Use some 0000 steel wool and polish the barrel chamber well. You want to make sure you give the barrel a thorough internal cleaning also. I had a problem with the first test firing of a barrel and asked the manufacturer about it. The empty cartridge didn't extract. What they told me was that you want to polish the chamber and make sure that no tiny particles are left over from the manufacturing process. A rod down the barrel with a gentle tap freed the empty cartridge case. Polishing the chamber solved the problem. After that the rifle was fine. It would have been easier to do though if I had done it before installing the barrel. The expansion of the neck of the cartridge as the bullet fired is what caused it to get stuck. The extractor happily simply ripped a bit of brass from the base of the cartridge. I saved that empty cartridge case also as a reminder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just looking over the list, $80 for the LPK and buffer tube seems a little high. PSA has complete LPK's for $40 http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.../category/389/

Even DSArms carries a complete buffer kit for $30. I know one place with a complete carbine stock kit including 6 position stock for $36. It should be possible to shave a little off of that $80 price. PSA also has a complete stock kit for $40. Sell the stock itself for 10 or 15 on e-bay if you want to buy and use that fixed carbine stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah im going with a fixed stock on this. Figures on stop shopping saves me on shipping versus buying from all over the place :)
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about posting the parts pic foo... :) :p
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!