Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AR-47 Build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, you want/need that AFG2 back? I dont have the gun anymore its on, and well its just sitting here..let me know

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice, you want/need that AFG2 back? I dont have the gun anymore its on, and well its just sitting here..let me know
    No worries man. She has picked out a fortis keymod angeled foregrip.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    No worries man. She has picked out a fortis keymod angeled foregrip.
    Nice..Okay..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was down in Alabama visiting family real quick. Uncle handed me 500 rounds of 7.62x39 said he didn't have anything that would shoot it and since I was building the AR-47 thought I could use it.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was doing some research on bolts etc. It appears that for these we really want the enhanced firing pins and possible enhanced bolts too. MGI makes an enhanced bolt firing pin combo. It's $125 though just for the bolt and firing pin.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    I was doing some research on bolts etc. It appears that for these we really want the enhanced firing pins and possible enhanced bolts too. MGI makes an enhanced bolt firing pin combo. It's $125 though just for the bolt and firing pin.
    I am all squared away on my BCG already but thanks for the info.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Was down in Alabama visiting family real quick. Uncle handed me 500 rounds of 7.62x39 said he didn't have anything that would shoot it and since I was building the AR-47 thought I could use it.
    Gotta love free ammo to sort of offset the cost of the trip...

Downloads
    Uploads
    FortTom thank you so much for the grip. The stock came in the yesterday but since the oldest bought it for me for my birthday she will not give it to me till next weekend on my birthday. LPK and Buffer kit will get ordered soon. Lower receiver was shipped from Aero Precision and should be showing up at the LGS soon. The youngest ordered the CH as a bday present and it will hopefully be here before next weekend. After that I will start ordering upper parts in January and this should come together pretty quick. Think I am going to do the receiver set and rail in foliage along with the stock and grip and leave everything else black on this rifle.

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3 rifles with the foliage green/black scheme. Magpul announced a while back that they are ditching foliage green. So my AR-10 just got the OD green/black scheme. The rest are just, sigh... black. Creature of habit. No problem with the grip, I'm going to start "passing forward" a bunch of stuff. I've just got too much stuff to be dragging around. I want to keep some "emergency" repair parts, but lose some stuff that I don't even remember what it came off.

Waiting to see the finished project.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    save yourself some time and get the enhanced firing pin if you haven't already. I built my x39 pistol about a year and a half ago and I ran an ARP enhanced bolt which was supposed to be able to use a standard firing pin. I was getting light strikes all over the place and I went and got the MGI enhanced pin. Now it lights off every round with no problems.
    Why the fuck didn't you tell us somebody was in the bathroom? Slipped your mind? Did you forget that somebody was in there with a goddamn hand cannon?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have already planned for the enhanced firing pin. Red X Arms has them for $10. thanks for the info about the ARP bolt. I'll check it out. It's one of the 4 parts I still need.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just checked - ARP doesn't have 7.62 bolts anymore - I found a Yankee Hill Machine bolt and enhanced firing pin for $85 though. I might decide to go with that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    I have already planned for the enhanced firing pin. Red X Arms has them for $10. thanks for the info about the ARP bolt. I'll check it out. It's one of the 4 parts I still need.
    My dealings with Red X have been less than satisfactory. Just an FYI.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played with an RRA LAR 47 today at the fun show. it was a NICE build! just didn't feel like dropping $1250. plus tax though......
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still LOVE my VZ-2008. One of the favorite rifles.